New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Crystal lake and there is a firefighter with a 2002 XR cat. He's got 18's, dual exhaust,and clear sidemarkers so i thought maybe he was a member. anyways, i saw him on the side of the road at an accident and he has all the police lights flashing everywhere from in his car. It was pretty tight. anyways, just thought i'd make a topic since there hasn't been much action in the IL NECO board as of late.

G

·
I also have seen his car at the CL police station and Lake in the Hills FIre Department. Yet to actually see him but i know what your talking about and it is a tight cougar.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw him when it was getting dark also and he has red running lights. So his Headlights are glowing red. Its pretty mean. But, then again only someone on the other side of the law like him could get away with that. It sucks being a common law abiding citizen with all the mod laws.

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Pretty much. I don't know about the performance mods... but I know for sure any lighting mod on your car that is not stock, is illegal to have turned on while on public roads... sitting in your driveway is fine.

I think performance mods are fine as long as your exhaust can't be heard from more than a block away or something like that, and as long as you meet emissions.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I know the guy you are talking about, I used to date one of his friends and I also worked with him. His stepdad had a cougar when they first came out, the first cougar I ever rode in!!! LOL :). But he is not a member.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Wow.. Jenny! She lives!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have red led turn signals for the front and sidemarkers to match the back turns. Yet to be pulled over, but don't always use them whem around a cop. So either way i'm sure to get pulled over eventually for using them or not, but hey they look so damn nice!

Edit: I'll try and leave a flyer on his car. Every member makes a better IL-Neco!

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Better be careful, Mav, about those red turn signals. I had green bulbs in my side markers, and was pulled over within 2 weeks of putting them on my car. I'm very surprised you've made it so long.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
lol.. thanks for the pic!

Yeah, White/Hyper-White and Amber for the fronts and turn signals, and red, white and amber for the rear.. Some cops don't really care about it, so it might be in just your area that you don't get pulled over.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I find it odd that your allowed to have white turn signals which are hard to see at certain times of the day. But if you have red which screams " HEY! HEY! Look at me! I'm [email protected]%ing turning!" You have the possibilty of receiving a friendly $75 dollar ticket.
Hey i kinda sound like dennis miller! Rants rule!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts