New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people.

You may be interested to know that I am holding an endurance driving event in the UK in June 2004 with £15,000 prize money at stake.

If you would like more information or wish to take part in Fireball 2004, please visit the official site @

http://www.fireball2004.com

·
Administrator
11,470 Posts
This sounds like a "poor-mans" Gumball 3000. Question...this all seems kinda shady if you don't mind me saying. You seem to have just started this venture recently as your Forum has but a few posts from a literal handful of members. All this considering it's "The #1 Endurance Drive in the U.K.".

"...as driving continuously for 24 hours is not recommended and is more than likely, impossible."

Not impossible enough to hold a race dedicated to it every year....24hr LeMans...I personally have driven 18hrs straight and have others that can attest to that. Some here have done 24hrs and I wouldn't classify us as "endurance drivers" :) Just avid fans of caffine.

Maybe one of our UK members can verify this...otherwise you're selling to a board that's predominantly U.S. based.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
"The #1 Endurance Drive in the U.K.".

it COULD be "the only" endurance drive in the UK :)

driving for 24 hours isn't exactly my idea of fun... but for 15,000uk....thats like, $35,000cdn! i'd do it if i was guarenteed to win :biggrin:

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've driven 18 hours consecutively on a trip back from Daytona Beach where I made a wrong turn that added 2-3 hours to the drive. Also had a doozy: drove 8 hours to Richmond before, watched a nascar race, slept for like 3 hours, woke up, drove 8 hours home. Then I had to go to work and drive for another 8 hours. So 24 out of 27 hours isn't bad, haha.

After all that I still couldn't drive to the UK, haha.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I drove straight thru from Dallas TX to just south of DC. It took me like 23 hours cause I got lost twice. I survived on Pepsi and Mountain Dew. Didn't sleep the night before because I was packing. By the time I got to VA I was hallucinating from sleep dep (yes it's stupid so kiddies don't ever do this at home).

But damn 37 hours is crazy.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi !
This Fireball race looks kind of strange to me. I only found one hit on google for Fireball2004, that was a topic in a AUDI Forum :
Fireball post in Audi Forum
On Lycos I found a post in a Zetec Forum:
Zetec Forum - Fireball Post
I am not very comfy with such a offer, where at the end 300 British Pound are wanted to participate and I can not even see a picture from the originator on the web page. I remember the Gumball races and there the originator was known and you could get more information. The owner of the post put in some more information in the ZETEC Post, looks like he is really trying tomake this race possible. Anyway, perhaps this is a real, not a fake offer and the race will be fun for those that participate. Just wanted to share some info with you. My longest drive without sleeping inbetween was like 13 hours but it was not lots of fun, it gets really boring and sleepy.
C U
Marc

·
Registered
316 Posts
Columbus Ohio to Myrtle beach SC and back in the same day. I got there and a bird flew into my car and dented the **** out of the side so I got pissed and turned aroudn and came home :) Yellow Jackets 4tw

Edit: Sorry I lied, it wasn't the same day, because restroom breaks and food breaks it look me like 25 - 26 hours :)

·
5,052 Posts
hehe oh I forgot another one of my trips... not as good as the CO trip, but Northeast PA to Chicago and back in 3 days, stopped and slept outside chicago, otherwise I would have been stuck in morning traffic so I slept instead..

·
Registered
59 Posts
WOW...the most I ever did was Houston, TX to Providence, RI in 30 hrs (but I don't remember how I got between Raleigh, WV and Richmond,Va)!

·
Registered
116 Posts
i used to live in providence! when i moved from RI to FL i drove 18 hrs straight, then woke up in the break down lane and figured it was time to sleep.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts