New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All -

We'll be finishing the suspension swap between Jake's car and my car on Sunday, NOV 2. We will be doing it at Jake's house so that we can work inside the garage. I'll probably be to Jake's house by noon. Call either of us if you'd like to join us and need directions. My mobile is 303-877-6123.

For those that helped last Sunday, thank you very much! Jake came back and fixed his car on Thursday without any major disasters, although my bastard HOA fined me for the car being up on jacks. Jake fixed my brake caliper problem in a matter of minutes.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For once, everything went without a major hitch. It only took Jake and I about 4 hours to swap the rear suspensions, bleed the brakes, and install the front strut tower brace. My car is now as tall as a go-kart and I'll lose my front bumper if I run over anything taller then a Coke can.

PS - for anyone that has kept up on the boards, what is this "Mark this message as the answer" below our signatures?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Very nice fellas. The mark your message as an answer is for anyone who asks a question and then they can mark the answer so no one else has to reply.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Well Jeremy and i swapped my B&M today and will be doing the center console shortly. We also found out that we will have to install a camberkit on his car because he is way out of factory spec. Anyone want to help? Jeremy's house this Sunday in the early morning.

Jake

·
Registered
884 Posts
no more engine work for me, put my car in the shop for 4 days. I've got a new hose kit to install, dunno when im gonna do it though

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jake, I never saw your post about installing the camber kit. But, I spent most of this Sunday morning adjusting the washers on my driver side SVT brakes because I still had something grinding into my caliper. I think and hope I've finally solved my problem. After that, I scrambled to shower, pack, and be out the door by noon for my trip to Raleigh.

I should be home this coming Sunday and hope we can install the camber kit. I'll let you know later in the week how my schedule looks. The fun of this swap never ends...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts