New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I clean or remove fine scratches on my headunit display without adding more?

Its not deep I know for sure but maybe got scratched when loading cds
The headunit folds down while the face is up when you load a cd.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Try plastic polish.

Meguiars Clear Plastic Polish

I recommend the Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Polish. I've tried the PlastX, but (as is the case with most 2-in-1 products) it was not as effective. This will also work well for light scratches on other hard plastic surfaces like headlights, foglights, tail lights, neon tubes, etc.

If you don't want to order online, you can find plastic polish at your local Boater's World or you may be able to find it in the marine section of WalMart.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The products that Morph said are great. I'd stick with the Meguiar's stuff. I'm guessing that what you're seeing is a whiteish scratch. What the Meguiar's stuff will do is put some oils on the the whiteness and make it less noticable..... which is all you really want to do on that soft plastic. In order to get rid of it you'd have to use some sort of product that would be abrasive and that would not be a good idea.

Good Luck!

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts
Originally posted by: DetailingDude
The products that Morph said are great. I'd stick with the Meguiar's stuff. I'm guessing that what you're seeing is a whiteish scratch. What the Meguiar's stuff will do is put some oils on the the whiteness and make it less noticable..... which is all you really want to do on that soft plastic. In order to get rid of it you'd have to use some sort of product that would be abrasive and that would not be a good idea.

Good Luck!
Tried it with my head unit at CF2K3 (Thanks Sunni! :thumbsup: ) and it worked great!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Originally posted by: Morph
Try plastic polish.

Meguiars Clear Plastic Polish

I recommend the Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Polish. I've tried the PlastX, but (as is the case with most 2-in-1 products) it was not as effective. This will also work well for light scratches on other hard plastic surfaces like headlights, foglights, tail lights, neon tubes, etc.

If you don't want to order online, you can find plastic polish at your local Boater's World or you may be able to find it in the marine section of WalMart.
Hey Morph Im a shift manager at Boaters World! tru tru!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts