New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal i was in a small fender bender nothign major my insurance company is trying to screw me with the prices they are giving me for all the parts i have to buy for replacements... i told them i woudl be doing all the work myself to brign the car back to form but i want something to bring in tomorrow (have to go get the car looked at again becasue they missed the foglight being broken so i need payout for that still atleast) to show them what the list price for ford parts is. All the prices they are giving me are for used parts whcih if i go in with a list price list they should give me that price. They said if i brough it to the shop my uncle works at (ford dealership in Cincinnati Ohio) they would give me his estimate (almost double theirs) so if you knwo of a place that shows actual list price not somethign liek fordparts online that shows the discounted prices i woudl appreciate it, otherwise i will ahve to have them call a ford dealership tomorrow which i am sure they don't wanna do.

·
Registered
902 Posts
On fordpartsonline.com they show the "list price" next to the discounted price.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but i want just the list price shown. because if they see the discounted price then they will go with that instead

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Why not just have a body shop fix it for you? The insurance company will still pay for it with the same deductable. So, why do all that work when you can have it done for free? Obviously, you aren't going to get money out of the deal by doing it yourself since you already told the insurance company that you are fixing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts