New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved the body kit... unfornatly I have run in to some problems (was expected but not this big!?)...
here are some picture when it's progress...
I have a big question, you see the picture with a scissors can I cut this part??? I can not get it on otherwise.... Any ideas??? I belive that I need the deformation zone! Unforntaly the front wont fit if I don't cut the sides of the deformation zone... plzz help me... How did you do???

Here are some pics.... (also the parts I recieved were really bad done, ofcourse it can be fixed but it will take alot of hours... I can post some pictures later on how bad there are done... but I'm not complaning atleast I got it and I will proberly the first or at least one of very few with cougar with a dragon z front in Sweden....)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
sweden!
:bowdown:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What were the problems you recieved with your dragon Z . Im kinda curious. Be aware...did you recieve a black gelcoat with your front? Have the body shop check strip down that gelcoat and have them apply their own stuff. That coat that comes with the front has a chemical on it that will cause the paint to bubble, time and time again. Honestly, I dont know how these folks that sell these kits get away with selling them.

As to your problem with the "deformation zone" , mine was removed for install. I know of two people that have cut theirs like yours but they dont visit much. Try Pmin Pditty

·
Registered
92 Posts
You have to take the bumper off in order for it to fit thats what I had to do to mine the only bad thing about doing that is if you get in an accident say buh bye to your radiator.......you may be able to leave it on but theres really no way to do it that way

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
My buddy and i tried to cut it back some but ended up just completely removing it. Your more than likely going to have to do the same thing.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay... You really fast on this forum... I gonna go out to the garage and take some pictures of the things that I'm not happy with the front... stand by...

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is the circle showing? i cant see it that well....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I painted out the white circle just for showing that this is were it's doesn't fit! Anyway I will proberly atleast try to cut it... I will post some screens for you to laugh at when it's done...

I don't know if you can see that bad things on the picture but anyway it's goes in like a cup mostly on the left side the right side it's also bad done but more okay but it will need alot of time before it's going to painting... yep I concetratin on getting it 100%.. also they proberly rushed when they putted on the finish...
here are the pictures:

Attachments

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I know... And sending it back is out of the question... It took it six weeks to get here and if i send it back that would mean that I have to waint for atleast 13 weeks...

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sending it back wont accomplish anything...all of their fronts come that way pretty much...Im on my second and their new batches seem to be "that" way.

I wouldnt worry about the gelcoat, just have the shop remove that crap and apply their own stuff. They must get some intern to apply the damn gelcoat over at that place.

Just check for cracks. Do you know how to fiberglass? I would apply multiple layers of glass behind the front bumper to strengthen it. Also with the side skirts. Have you test fitted the sides yet? You may want to do that also, I highly reccommend getting those Kam sides molded in for the best appearance. Once you strengthen the front and test fit it youll notice certain spots that have some gaps or dont fit up right. Youll find these spots under the headlights and mostly on the sides of the bumper. Now here is the tricky step. You or the shop needs to pull the sides of the bumper in and use the stock brackets to keep it there. The finished product should look like the below picture on the bottom. The top shows a flaring that ALL Z fronts have but with brackets it makes the sides more "uniform".

Depending on how your front bumper is you may have a slight "bowing" of the middle hump when you install it. Once you get to that stage let me know and I can give you further instructions on how to fix that.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for your tips! I tested the sideskirts and they don't fit perfectly but that's not such a big problem as the front... I included a picture showing the side skirt... Also how did you get the pictures in your messages? Tried "help" but can't find it...
Also the rear doesn't fit at all it really needs to be rebuild... I forgot that your plates are different there's a picture of that too...

Attachments

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks like you got a pretty nice pair of side skirts! Mine were horrible.

The rear should be a breeeze to install.

To get the pictures in the messages click
near the Underline option. Itll prompt you for the hyper link for your image. Just drop that link into that little box.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Oh George you are so helpful!!!!!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay I'm there now and I really need some tips on how to stabilize the front. Iam gonna use the side brackets right?? (included in picture)... Also how do I stabilize the middle (incl. pic).

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts