New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the inevitable has finally happened... I stopped debating and actually bought a new car.
She's a 2000 GTI VR6, black on black with all the options. 58k miles, and still running like a champ. Despite the love I have for the Cougar, the GTI just seems like a better car for me. Yes, it's very, very stock. Probably will stay that way for a little while, although I'll pick up some smoked corner lenses and the usual odds/ends to clean up the look for now. The car rawks my sawks off. :cool: :cool: :cool:

The rest can be found HERE. :cool:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I love german engine covers! Sooooo clean.... Nice car!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have owned several VW's.
The GTI was a dream car of mine when I was a teenager.
I had stacks and stacks of VW trends and European Car magazines.
I was impressed then and still am now by how much HP they can gain from a simple chip swap.
You could say the GTI started the whole sport compact scene. VW released the Rabbit back in '79.

I love that GTI man! Schweeeet! :biggrin:

My next car may be a VW as well; I'm hoping VW gets some new blood and releases the A.A.C(think subaru baja) or
the Tarek( think rally dune buggy/sand rail).

S

·
0 Posts
mmm Montreal I's... If your going to get smoked/black corner lenses... check out my buddys company 42nd draft designs, very good quality and to your door the very next day, around $30, and i recommend that you dont get the MHW smoked sidemarkers, they fade in the sun as shown here....

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
GTI's own... VR6 def. has some pep for a stock car... prob. more than your coug... 1.8t is nice too.. couple bolt on gets some speed... or you can go Stage 3 like me :)... anyways... nice ride... love em...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
good pickup... VR6 is pretty smooth engine. I like it better than the 1.8T. Turbo is overrated.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by: Se7enCentz
mmm Montreal I's... If your going to get smoked/black corner lenses... check out my buddys company 42nd draft designs, very good quality and to your door the very next day, around $30, and i recommend that you dont get the MHW smoked sidemarkers, they fade in the sun as shown here....

Your picture didn't work, but what would you reccomend as GOOD smoked side markers? I've already got my eye on those 42nd Draft lenses... The Vortex seems to be pretty happy with the quality and look of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts