New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
:thumbsup:
Don't usually like painted headlights, but these ones look great!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Those look great.

On my headlights the outer circle has an orange reflector in it and on these lights it is clear. How can I make mine like that?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is actually a yellow bulb behind a white/clear lens, it should be anyway.... Pull out the bulb and try putting in hyper white or blue bulbs.(which ever is your preference). That should give you what i think you are looking for.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Looks great, I plan on painting my headlights also. I am just going to do a solid color though. Did you just paint over the reflector? I noticed that the little triangle piece not painted isnt amber, what did you do to acomplish this.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: coyotefreek
Looks great, I plan on painting my headlights also. I am just going to do a solid color though. Did you just paint over the reflector? I noticed that the little triangle piece not painted isnt amber, what did you do to acomplish this.
it looks like he took out the reflector. it looks really really good. sweet job on it!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by: JAMallott
Originally posted by: coyotefreek
it looks like he took out the reflector. it looks really really good. sweet job on it!
I took the reflector and molded it to the "black" housing in the headlihgt then I smoothed out all the ripples inside the triangle on the reflector. Then I cut the back part of the triangle out and used a clear plastic that I have used a couple of times on headlights.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I LOVE them painted like that......I'm no a fan of the flat color on some lighter colors (like silver frost, spruce green)as it takes away from the appeal and makes the black part stand out WAY to much around the outside of the headlight. I'm letting you know in advance I'll likely steal that scheme.....definatly like it!! Great job!

·
Registered
954 Posts
QUESTION: did you paint the headlights along with the bodykit/car?

Or did you paint the headlights with spray paint?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry i didn't reply sooner. i haven't read any of my posts in about a month :banghead:

No spray paint anywhere on my car. The car has been painted for a while and i never really did anything with the headlights. I got bored so i ripped them apart. So yea, it is all PPG paint.

ZUM send me your headlights :biggrin: I'll do them for ya

1 - 17 of 17 Posts