New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone (again)

My last thread got locked, not my fault - but I've started this new one because I actually have a Cougar now :biggrin:

I bought the same one I was looking at about a month ago, traded in my Grand Am GT (with a blown head gasket) and got a black 2000 V6 MTX

Anyways, once I get off work I might get a chance to take some pictures :)

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,820 Posts
Hey, welcome to handling! Congrats.

I got stuck driving my sister's 2000 Grand Am SE 3400 for a while, and it was at best, uninspiring. I really missed the SUPERIOR cornering and braking the Cougar offers.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hello everyone (again)

My last thread got locked, not my fault - but I've started this new one because I actually have a Cougar now :biggrin:

I bought the same one I was looking at about a month ago, traded in my Grand Am GT (with a blown head gasket) and got a black 2000 V6 MTX

Anyways, once I get off work I might get a chance to take some pictures :)
So update your avatar then! Get rid of that fugly grand am forever and post some pics of the new hotness!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:rofl: I'll get rid of it once I get a pic of the new hotness. I went online to try and grab the photos the dealer had, at least, but they'd already taken the car off of their website/autotrader by the time I got home.

I had a GT which has slightly better handling than SE's... but still not anywhere as good as the Cougar, at least from what I've tried so far :biggrin: I just have to get the light off that says my door is constantly open...

Oh, and before I bought it, I checked and the sunroof has metal tracks :)

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,820 Posts
I had a GT which has slightly better handling than SE's... but still not anywhere as good as the Cougar, at least from what I've tried so far
You can't beat a fully independent suspension. GM needs to get with the 21st century.

I just have to get the light off that says my door is constantly open...
I had this when I bought my car as well. For me, it was the sensor/switch on the trunk latch. If you pull the large plastic panel in the trunk, you can see it clipped onto the latch mechanism; it's blue. Press its little plunger in all the way by hand, and see if it makes your light go off. If so, it's time for a new switch.

Good luck!

·
Registered
361 Posts
You can't beat a fully independent suspension. GM needs to get with the 21st century.

I had this when I bought my car as well. For me, it was the sensor/switch on the trunk latch. If you pull the large plastic panel in the trunk, you can see it clipped onto the latch mechanism; it's blue. Press its little plunger in all the way by hand, and see if it makes your light go off. If so, it's time for a new switch.

Good luck!
wrapped duct tape around mine :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh yeah, white frames on a black car = hideous. As soon as someone buys the LED tails from my GA I'll be tinting the windows :)

*After searching around... it looks like I have the sport package? :biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts