New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people might be interested in them if I made some? Wouldn't be a week or so till I started with the process. But they would be cut out of 18-20 gauge metal. They will not be laser cut but will be cut by hand possibly with a plasma cutter.

Interested in other things made out of metal PM or e-mail me.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
that might look pretty good. but i think it would only look good on my car if i had rims that matched. so i probably wouldnt get any at this time, but in the future when i get rims, i probably would.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Originally posted by: JAMallott
that might look pretty good. but i think it would only look good on my car if i had rims that matched. so i probably wouldnt get any at this time, but in the future when i get rims, i probably would.
Um, I'm assuming the filler plates Dante's making are for people who will be shaving the door handles or third brakelight, not for cosmetic/appearance.

Filler plates fill the holes it you were to pull the existing piece from, that way you can mold it in and have a flush surface, then paint, then voila...no third brake light or handles :)

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
oooh, i gottcha, i thought it was like an over lay type thing, like for example, a carbon fiber dash kit just attaches to the dash. i thought this was that type of thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was waiting until some one posted the idea. I would buy some if they are resonable. I would like to see a steel door cup. So you can use a dremel to amputate the plastic from around the lock/handle mechanism.That way you can replace the lock/handle if it breaks with out having to rapaint the door like with "filled" handles. A billet handle kit would be cool too. I know this may be beyond the scope of simple plates, but it would look awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts