New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for people that have problem with there fuel pumps and lives in ontario please go to the following web page and file a complaint inorder to make ford fix there mistake and don't give them a chance to denied about the problem. << CHARGING $400.00-$600.00 TO REPLACE A FUEL PUMP IS NOT SOLVING THE PROBLEM>> Thank You http://www.cbs.gov.on.ca/mcbs/english/2452_3fe.htm Failing Fuel pumps had cause some of our members to had some close calls, worst some got in to accidents due to the failing fuel pumps.

·
3L Roush
4,387 Posts
Maybe this is just a coincidence, but, as some of you know I had my fuel pump replaced about a month ago. Well, since then i've noticed terrible fuel consumption (apprx. 250KM/tank) and decided to take the car in today. Well, it turns out the fuel sender (which was replaced a month ago because the sender and pump are 1 unit) has gone bad!

So, the car is @ Dixie Ford having the pump and sender replaced AGAIN! Thank god for extended warranty! :)

Mike

M

·
0 Posts
Everyone has got to do this!! I was thinking of organizing the same thing Kami.

Trust me, I work for the provincial government and this is the only way to make your voice heard (and ya, it will probably take 6 months before something is said or done but at least its a start). Usually ministries need a set volume of complaints over a set time span before any actions are taken. If we get everyone here on this board who resides in Ontario to fill this form provided by Kami, the ministry would definitely look at it. Believe it or not, the ministry files everything that is forwarded to them in the form of a formal complaint. Make sure that you establish in your form the fact you are concerned from a health and safety stand point (unsafe vehicle). This would also increase the probability of a response.

I am now on my 3rd pump (2nd in 6 mths). I've talked to Ford and they have never revised this part. Why not?? I think we've clearly established a problem here, one that Ford obviously knows about. I know there's an alternative aftermarket fuel pump by Walbro, but I am still pissed at the fact Ford can get away with knowingly replacing faulty parts with other faulty parts.

Sorry just had to vent!! I feel better now ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hell, I'd just get out and have a roast! I always keep a bag of marshmallows in the back seat, and a stick.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had my pump/sender unit replaced under warranty about 3 days and 500kms before the warranty expired. I had been having an intermittent (maybe once a week) problem with the fuel gauge registering empty after starting the car (even though there was plenty of fuel in the tank).

Meadowvale Ford replaced it without any argument.

·
Registered
163 Posts
To be truly effective, you folks need to urge the US-based Cougar owners to unite and file a complaint with NHTSA and DOT. The Focus currently has an "extended warranty" on fuel pumps used in the 2000 and 2001 model years. Essentially, the car would just cut out during hard cornering or when you have a low tank. Ford didn't go with a recall only because there are certain conditions before an across-the-board recall may be issued, such as number of vehicles affected, injuries, etc. NHTSA may currently be investigating the matter, or be blind to it (I can't say for certain because I'm not a Cougar owner). Only until NHTSA lays down it's heavy fist will Ford comply. Then the likes of Transport Canada will follow suit.

The other drawback too is that the Cougar is out of production. Still, that shouldn't let Ford off the hook.

Best of luck to everyone!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah, Mike, I'm alive. Haven't had too much time to check out the forums in a while - busy with work and life in general. Good to see some of the same gang are still around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts