New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyways I was digging through my owners manual and found the orginal window stickers for the Roush, Down where it gives the fuel economy it says feedback fuel sys.? Does this mean I have return style or are the window stickers just mass produced and then later when they get all the info they add the vin numbers and the options?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
not when I can get a smokin deal on a returnless Venom system... suppose there is no way to make it work on my car if it specifies that its for returnless and it was on a 2000 Coug?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: Crispy
not when I can get a smokin deal on a returnless Venom system... suppose there is no way to make it work on my car if it specifies that its for returnless and it was on a 2000 Coug?
Perhaps.

Before running n20 i would talk to Street Flight to get a flip chip made for your application.
They can tune anything :)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
you got my attention... this would be a safer alternative to a Super Chip?

Secondly can someone please explain to me why having a return ATX is a good thing? what benefits besides not having an fuel pump issues can be noted?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Return systems make it easier to add more fuel when needed (IE when using n20), since there is leftover fuel going back to the tank in the return line. Essentially what happens is more than enough fuel is sent to the fuel rail, and what is left is sent back to the tank.

Returnless systems require raising the fuel pressure (VIA the pump, larger injectors, and custom tuning to do so) This is the problem kinger ran into with his 3.0 vortec'd car. The Vortec kit is only for return systems, but proved it can be used on a returnless car. Fordchips.com could not tune it, but Keyser (Chris @ street flight) was able to get it dialed in perfectly.

You would be better off with a ZEX kit, and having chris tune you a flip chip. One side for driving, and one side for n20.

Superchip, Diablo, PAC, etc all use essentiall the same hardware. Its the "program" that is put on the chip that is important.
Chris can do essentially anything you want. I have my cooling fans kick on sooner, pre-cat monitors gone, tons more timing, scaled for
19lb injectors (no ****ty MAF trickery), rev limiter @ 7600, he can adjust IMRC opening point, you name it, it can be done.

If you have any other ?'s let me know.
I'm glad you are thinking about performance now :biggrin:
Thats right up my alley :cool:

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I think I've wasted enough cash on cosmetic crap now... engine has almost 89k on it.. I'm definately up to hearing options... a tranny swap would be cool but with this amount of miles on the car I'm not so sure anymore not to mention I supposedly need a donor car for the subframe.. I'm thinking SVT heads/cams or just a 3.0 conversion... I know I can't do the work myself, so I'm not sure what my best options are... Not sure if I can just do it all at one time either.. I just want a strong running engine that doesn't make me ashamed to have bought an automatic.. I can't afford to sell or trade the vehicle anymore..

thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts