New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short, I hit a small boulder that somehow found its way into the middle of the road doing about 70 while exiting a turn... It was blind and came up so fast i didnt have any time to react. It was a really loud sharp bang and INSTANTLY my steering wheel was cocked significantly to the right while driving straight. got it up in the air just now and found that I've ruined my tire, bent my rim (may be able to use again) and crushed in the bottom of my ST-200 strut so the camber is way in at the top.

looks like i have to drive the volvo for awhile... since they dont make ST-200's anymore im going to have to buy a pair of new front struts so i dont mix and match. im thinking of the $99 bat ones.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Dude that totally sucks. Insureance will rip you a new one because that will go on collision.

i hope you get everything worked out.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
insurance?

Liberty Mutual wont get the privilege of knowing about it. I didn't have to get it towed or report anything.

I guess i Could put it on my insurance if I wanted, but its been discussed that i'll be getting the pair of struts as probably my only christmas present... and I can install them over a weekend here. I talked my parents into the Spax non adjustable sport valved struts from Bat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts