New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Back on 9/8/2003, FastestCougar aka Eric Lee was trying to sell 2 JL w7 subs and a 1000.1 JL Amp. I had contacted a friend who was interested in getting these subs and amp and she had offered him $1,260 shipped for the lot. Eric wanted a money order so Beth(my friend) sent him a cashiers check through her bank in the amount of $1,260 dollars. On 9/29/03, she contacted me telling me she had not recieved a thing so I tried to contact Eric and he would not respond. She was given his phone number, and she attempted to call him but he did not pick up at all. It is now January of 2004, and she is down $1,260. The only contact she got was from someone supposely dating Eric at the time which was on AOL, and that she told her that Eric had ran away. Anyways, the last time he came on was 11/16/03 so I'm guessing he is still around. Anyways, I'm looking for feedback on what to do. I want to make sure she gets her money back and that this guy has the punishment that is necessary coming to him. He is located in Philidelphia and I will be posting his address and phone info later tonight when I recieve it. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
And hope to hell you still have the money order stub. Money orders have a tracable number on it, kind of like a routing number on a check....that will come in handy.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: Fett
And hope to hell you still have the money order stub. Money orders have a tracable number on it, kind of like a routing number on a check....that will come in handy.
they bought a cashiers check, which is better cuz its literally a bank check, and they ARE logged to track their own funds

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, It appears he changed email and his phone has been disconnected. What should I do now? Should I have her contact her bank about this issue? She got a fax that her check was cashed and it shows his signature and all that, Any possible way this would show his address, etc.

N

·
0 Posts
He has commited a Felony....Call the police now! When you steal over 350 dollars its considered a Felony.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, Problem is that she has lost his address. So, at this point, all we have is a name, which might be fake. His phone has been disconnected. So, Can we do anything? Also, Should I contact my local police or the Philadelphia police. Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
just contact your local, they will redirect you if nec.....suggest to your friend that ESCROW is a great idea, especially when you're talking about that much cash. not smart to just go ahead and trust someone you don't know with so much $$. not smart. good luck w/ everyting

K

·
0 Posts
good luck, but since he changed his name and phone # you might never see that money again. I hate how online frauds happen, someone needs to make a company that straight deals with the problems of selling, I mean escrow is good, but there needs to be a 'secure' site. Im tired of seeing people get ripped off from ebay and on these forums as well. sorry it happened to you but you might never see that 1260 again =[. I lost a notebook on ebay for 1700. nothing i could do because its overseas but they are in philadelphia so you might have more options.

good luck

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
go to your bank, pull up and get a copy of the cashiers check. he had to have done one of two things with it, cash it or deposit it, eithe way, they can trace what bank he did the action at. have your bank call that bank and explain the situation. the person MUST have an account at the bank to cash such a large check unless the bank was the same bank from which the cashierscheck derived. If this is the case, they HAD to have documented his I.D. on the check, and bingo, you the bank will have his id # from his account or from the check and you can track his ass

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
you have PM Dante

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Correction for those who need to know over $1000 is grand theft... under it is considered petty theft.
Eitherway, if it was interstate, its fraud... I'm looking into this just slightly..to see if I can help

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, Tommorow I'll be going to my friend's Beth's bank and seeing what my options are. Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
also since he sold it over the internet that has some new laws tacked on to his growing list of charges. please for all that is good and decent stop whatever your doing and call a detective about this and have charges brought against this guy. reguardless if he changed his address,phone #,name or whatever he is still the same person who deserves prosecution. if you get a detective involved they will do the footwork and track him down and go from there. good luck, just please call as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by: Xeks
if you get a detective involved they will do the footwork and track him down and go from there. good luck, just please call as soon as possible.
:rofl: No they wont! All they will do is issue a warrant. Then you have to wait forever until he gets pulled over.

C

·
0 Posts
perhaps u should contact the owner of THIS site to track this guys IP address. The IP address is like a persons fingerprint and can easily trace the person. Law enforcements usually use this tactic to track down pedphiles on the net. Good luck. Hope this helps

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Because its not as fun and easy as ya think to track down someone using AOL, cause it's a dynamic IP address and not static like a cable modem line etc... least as far as my limited understanding is

so if you'd like this guys fingerprints....here you go I found 3 posts with 3 IP's:

Also, checking his profile, seems he was last on January 14, 2004 so hes still watching. Good luck

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've come up with an address. Philadelphia police have been notified. If FastestCougar is reading this, respond to my PM if you want to sort this out without going to court and/or getting jail time.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
He was just on the boards, 1/19/04, at about 11am... he's still here, but changed his name in his profile to 'John Smith' and I'm willing to bet that his email listed isn't valid, either. He's reading it...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts