New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read this over on NASIOC.com (wrx board).. Thought id post it here for you guys to read. I dont think cougars are that high on the theft list, but figured it was worth a read anyway..

Read This.

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Damn! I hope nothing happens with that..
But even if they made a copy of his key, wouldn't they need the chip to get the car started?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
apparently subarus are very easy to start w/out a key, the key would most likely be used to just open the door w/out damage.. but also i hear there are readers to pull the code.. Also if they snagged the vin, they could walk in with a "faulty" key and probably have it programmed for the correct code to start the car.

Makes me think twice about my next car purchase.. Luckly I live 50 miles south of where all of this is happening.

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Do remember it is within your rights to drive the speedlimit to a public place, or to the trooper barracks. It is also within your rights to ask for the officer's full name and badge number. Also within your rights to call the police and ask for a marked vehicle to come out if you are the least bit uncomfortable.

Edit: I had something similar happen to me when I first got my license. Some nut job flashing ihs 'badge' out the window to me and shouting. I told him, he isn't a cop and to go scratch. He kept on yelling and I just rolled my window up and drove away.

G

·
Thanx for sharing, but best part, Chris, thanx for the advice.....

But there's NO WAY IN HELL that any Crown Vic can keep up with me...:evil:

why you think sooo many S4's get stolen and NOT stopped whilst driving, but always the next day......

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Originally posted by: IntenseImage
LostRacer ... that same link in posted in the Garage Talk section ;)

[email protected]
:thumbsup: Sorry bout that. :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts