New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive been posting here about 2 months now. and today i was just looking around and i found carolina NECO. well i have an 01 frost silver v6 ATX(slow but peppy!!! lol). i was formerly a member to superhonda.com and had over 5000 posts in 2 years, as i modded my 94 accord. but now its time for something new, and currently i have added the 17" stock wheels, k&n air filter, have a vistoen wing and taillight covers on the way... and it looks like im going to be building myself a custom dual exhaust with a borla muffler.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
WELCOME TO CAROLINA NECO!! It's SO nice to have another member from SC! I'm from Florence. I think you and I will get along great. :) My boyfriend and I could probably use a lot of your knowledge because he has a 94 Accord that he's trying to mod. What all did you have done to your Accord? I'm VERY interested to find out! Chas will be thrilled when I tell him that there is actually another member from SC, and that he used to have a modified 94 Accord!

*Don't think i'm crazy, i'm just excited!*

I was down in Charleston a few weekends ago, I had a convention to go to and I met up with one of my friends that goes to the College of Charleston. Boy, those one way streets are NOT fun. I picked up a nail while I was down there too.. luckily, I made it home without having to buy a new tire! We'll have to organize a meet soon so you can meet everyone.. and we'll try to make it convenient for you to come.. driving sucks, but I made it to Charleston in about an hour and a half.. so it wasn't too bad.

Anyway.. it's nice to have you here!

Julie

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Charlotte NC here. How did you find out about NECO? Just wondering if anyones flyers were working yet. Welcome aboard and let us know if you need anything.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
found it while searching yahoo for cougar aftermarket parts, just to see what was out there... i believe i found the like on customcougars.com... actually i do need some help, but not sure if anyone would know what it is... but when i idle in my car, it is extremely rough as well as in reverse. it stalls out sometimes which would lead me to think that its running lean, or not getting a good spark. or a combo of both... anyone else have this problem, if i cant get an answer ill take it to the dealership...:(

G

·
Asheville NC here, Iam fairly new here myself.. had my coug for 2 yrs now and am extremely pleased with it and with the folks in Carolina NECO..great bunch here!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Jason, welcome to NECO, and a big welcome to CarolinaNECO.

You might also wanna check your fuel pump (is there even a way to check that?) and your plugs/wires. Since it does it in reverse and at idle, I'd do what Keli said to do, check your tranny fluid.

Have a nice stay, and look....now we have 2 Jason's

Z (jason)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i took it to the dealership, and they told me that it was some kind of air vaccum hose so now i have to fork out 150 bucks... oh well so much for the warranty, they dont cover that... thanks for all the help...
jason

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.