New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just read a post about some demon eyes in the another thread. some also said something about eye lids. well a hand full of ppl know that i will be producing these very soon. i have already gotten the demensions and everything down. the first set should be made next week sometime on my days off. this was supposed to be a suprise thing but since ppl are aready talking about them ill go ahead and release the info now. these will be made out of fiberglass and will be made for the 99-00 head lights. if i can get a donor car with 01-02 headlights who lives near me or wouldnt mind spending some time here in savannah ga. they will be made for the 01-02 headlights as well. pics will be up soon of the prototype i made from masking tape haha.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I have a set of spare 01's sitting in my basement.. I would gladly help prototype if you pay shipping costs of the headlights to you and then back to my residence.. ;)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how long? hmm not sure, i only get two days off of work, and me and a friend of mine will be making them. like i said i need a donor car or i can get crispy to send me those. crispy, how much would shipping be to have them sent here and sent back?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aight never mind on the 01-02 eyelids. thanks james that would have been embarrasing.
as soon as i can get the pics hosted the will be posted for the 99-00 headlights

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the eyelids for the 99-00 are as low as i could go without covering up the highbeams halfway. but even as low as they are, they really give the car a very mean look.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here are the pics for the 99-00 masking tape prototype that i made. the fiblerglass ones will come out to the same demsions as the prototpye.
PS, ignore my finger in some of the pics cause my pen cam is really small and i didnt realize that it was in the way. also sorry the pic quality is so poor, my pen cam really sucks, and so does my resizing program.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Thats pretty cool. Looks easy to make also. Do you think it would look better if the eyebrow went all the way to the fender?

·
Administrator
11,633 Posts
Just so you know BasSpyder, you can still go ahead and make those if you want. Nothing like a little friendly competition to keep prices in check since I'm sure there are a few who can't afford a real CF one or would want a cheaper alternative.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well, i tryed the tape all the way to the fender but it didnt look right, i can tape it again and take more pics. ill have to do this tomorrow though

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
how so matt?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I designed a set over a year ago and had them made in vinyl... they were cool but the color didn't match perfect so i took em off...

I talked to a company today about making them in carbon.... but if James is ahead of me then so be it... as long as I can get some :)

Here is a pic of my car with the photoshop lids...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts