New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have and ATX and I have heard about extruding and honing the upper intake manifold. I dont know too much cause I am a newbie and I was wondering if this is real? How much does this cost? Where to get it? How much Hp does it add? Thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
This process will remove any excess flashing and smooth the inner surfaces of the intake manifold, thereby reducing turbulance inside the manifold. In theory, u'll see sum gains, probably on the upper end of the powerband. U'll see better gains by ditching the stock airbox for a KKM, Weapon-R, Injen..whatever and by opening up the exhaust side with headers/y-pipe/cat-back. Now I'm just rambling..back to the questions..

Goto Extrude Hone.com, this is where u'll get quotes for the job and where to send yer manifold. It'd be a good idea to buy used/junked manifold to send in, unless you have other transportation while the coug is out of commission.

Later, yo

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.