New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Alright... i'm not jealous...

Take the tail covers to whoever painted them and tell them they're the wrong color.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's the trunk, when I had them take the spoiler off and repaint everything, he put it out in the sun and said that it made the trunk a little darker

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, lets see, I love the hood, ties in good with the dark windows. Not a fan of the black wheels, in the side shot, my eyes get drawn downward, but then get lost because you can't see the detail in the rims. Also seems like the black wheels make the car look longer than it is...just an illusion. It looks good though, you can be proud of the effort put into it because I'm sure it draws looks.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
well i think it looks pretty dang neat lookin:thumbsup:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I powder coated the rims black cause I was going with the whole silver and black scheme, and yes it does draw attention. Keep your opinions commin.

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts
Originally posted by: CATerina
18's and up I aint sittin on no minors
That's pretty funny....I guess I'm on minors.

Anyway, Stratto, I like the ride.
Are the fenders a different color silver than the rest of the car?? It looks like the color match might be a bit off. Could be the photo though.....pictures dont always do justice. Anyway, I like the work though, for the most part.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
heh, well i must say i like your bumper, fenders and side skirts seeing as how I have the same ones, ya little copy-cougar :biggrin:
car looks sweet though! looks kinda...unfinished though, heh, i'm not sure why! do you have any other plans?

Originally posted by: CATerina
18's and up I aint sittin on no minors
i know you dont mean it, but you sound like you think you are the only one with rims bigger than 17's. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
If you're going to go with black rims, IMO they should be 18" or bigger. Anything smaller blends in with the tire and almost looks like a steelie. I like the overall idea of the car but it has a lot of lines that are going everywhere...i.e. the Z3's, dragon z bumper and kam sides are all on 3 different wavelengths. On a darker car it is not as noticeable but it sticks out on silver. I usually like carbon fiber hoods but for some reason I'm not feeling it...maybe if you did some kind of silver scheme on it to tie it in? Something like what james has done. I'd also tint the tails if youre going for the cf/silver look.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I like it, keep it spoilerless, but get bigger, different colored rims.

Mike

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
in the NightSide.jpg pic, you can tell that the door and the Fenders were painted at seperate times. The colour isn't 100% true. Thats why, when i get my kit on, I'm going 100% new paint job.

·
Registered
517 Posts
i think you should have the shop refit your front bumer as well when you getthe car repainted. i like the theme for the car though
josh

1 - 20 of 46 Posts