New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hey, I thought since we have a Wheel Thread so users can get a good showcase and see what they like, how about an Exhaust Thread? So post your exhaust setup and a brief description of the sound, or better yet, a sound clip if available to you (everyone's gonna be biased :biggrin:). I think this would help the newer members (like myself) determine where they want to go based on what different combo's of cats (or lack thereof), headers, pipes, and mufflers sound like together.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I've had a couple different setups over the past couple years, I like how it now best though!

100% stock with an Injen SRI (in-car)
YouTube - Bobby's Cougar on-board on the 666

OEM manifolds, y-pipe, cat, Flowmaster cat-back with dual exit, also Injen CAI with custom extention
YouTube - Mercury Cougar V6 Flowmaster cat-back

Current setup: Same as #2, except its a single-exit exhaust out in front of the drivers rear tire. This is absolutely gorgeous sounding and I love it.
YouTube - 1999 Mercury Cougar V6 side exhaust
YouTube - 1999 Mercury Cougar side exit exhaust in-car video

Maybe get a sticky for this, like the Wheel Thread? This will help newbs who are curious about what different exhausts sound like with different combo's.

·
Registered
787 Posts
My 2000 CSVT

True Borla cat-back (resonated), MSDS headers & y pipe, and a Trubendz hi flow cat. With the stock cat it sounded the same just considerably quieter. My car is loud on the dyno because it's in an enclosed room but it's much quieter driving (at least in the car).

·
Registered
2,307 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
well, here's my clip from when i had my red 00' cougar. like previously stated; i had an AEM SRI, Weapon-R Headers and Y-Pipe, Stock Cat, and 2.5" TruBendz Dual Exit Exhaust w/a Flowmaster muffler. I absolutely LOVED it. I still miss it to this day. I used to get looks and compliments on it all the time.

heres the clip:
click me

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts

I had a local shop do this its y piped not sure on the mufflers they used. None the less i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions i want a classic car kinda rumble i was thinking about cherry bombs.

I like 99Mcougars setup and Ford Rule's what setups do you guys have again?

On a side note how does the Short ram work on long drives , because i would imagine after a while it starts to suck hot air.

·
Registered
511 Posts
On my car I have the Cat-Back 2.5" Flowmaster dual exit. Sounds nice to me.

But my friend had a 98 SVT Contour and he had the mufflers and resonator cut out and replaced with just pipe and his car sounded mean as hell.

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Would just any type of rubber exhaust hanger work for replacing the ones on our cars? Mine on the back of my car has just about bit the dust:(

1 - 20 of 319 Posts