New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
trubendz exhausts. I dunno if it differs among each...but they offer borla, magnaflow, and flowmaster mufflers with the piping.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Magnaflow single is the best for performance and sound. The Borla sounds a little more rattly and is more restrictive than the Magnaflow. Some people like it because you can hear it in lower RPM's, whereas the Magnaflow doesn't sound loud with radio and windows up until the 3500 RPM area I would guess. I love my setup, it isn't annoying on the street, but when I punch it, you can hear it big time. And it has a nice relatively throaty sound at idle. If you go with the flowmaster, you will sound worse than that civic you screams by your house even though he's only going 10 mph.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,932 Posts
Originally posted by: GI8U2racing
If you go with the flowmaster, you will sound worse than that civic you screams by your house even though he's only going 10 mph.
Where's the "middle finger" emoticon?!?!

My Flowmaster sounds boss with Borla resonators.

·
Registered
334 Posts
With a resonator, sure. I am saying with just a muffler setup, it wouldn't sound the same. But if you add a resonator, you don't get as much performance increase.

·
Administrator
15,601 Posts
Everyone has their own opinions as to what sounds the best.

The Borla is the quietest, the Flowmaster is the loudest, the Magnaflow is somewhere in the middle, and the Borla is also supposedly slighty more restrictive than the other two.

Some people claim the Flowmaster tends to drone during highway cruising.

You can have a dual outlet or single outlet...the single outlet supposedly has a greater gain over stock than the dual outlet, but I don't know if any numbers are out there for this.

We really need to collect sound clips of different header/cat/exhaust clips so that people can listen for themselves to determine 'what sounds best'. That just isn't something that is cut in stone.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Originally posted by: wadespencer99
Everyone has their own opinions as to what sounds the best.

The Borla is the quietest, the Flowmaster is the loudest, the Magnaflow is somewhere in the middle, and the Borla is also supposedly slighty more restrictive than the other two.

According to Josh from Trubendz, the Flowmaster is the loudest, followed by the Borla, and the quietest is the Magnaflow. I'm just going but what the experts say.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.