New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would it cost to have a single exhaust put on my 2001 I4?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I'd say with a socket wrench, about............... 40 minutes max. It is extremely easy! No joke! Save yourself the money, unless you are going with a custom set up.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would use the wrench but I want a nicely done job, and it normally takes me double the amount of time people say it would.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
well i did this once.. you can get just about any exhaust for the 6 cylinder and make it work on your car. i did with a yo dude. i got sent the 6 cylinder kit and i ghetto rigged it with a extender pipe i bought from auto zone and drove the .5 miles to the nearest midas, and they guy charged me 80 bucks for a custom pipe to go from the flex pipe to the muffler. (i4s dont have the car under the car like the 6's do and thats why i needed this special pipe made, no bending just one straight pipe.) like i said the guy charged me 80 for the pipe and the whole thing to be welded. overall i spent about 480 bucks on the system and all the things i had to do to it. the i4s are alot harder that the 6's.. i just did my 6 cyl in 30 mins and had no problems whats so ever. but my 6 only has like 600 miles on it,, hehehhehe bolts were still shiney .

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Well usually exhaust shops are pretty inexpensive. It really depends if you are getting a custom made exhaust or you want them to install a kit for you. Custom made usually runs $200 and up. That depends on the type of material you want them to use and how many bends they have ot make. (stainless steel, aluminized, type of tips and muffler) So there are a few things to consider. If it is a kit, then I would say it would be no more than $150 for them to install from the cat back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts