New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the KKM Intake for my Cat, and Borla's dual Cat-back exhaust. The exhaust came in the mail today! I'm so excited, but the Intake isn't in yet, and may not be until end of this week. I'm also too excited to wait. Is there any problem with putting the exhaust on before the intake? Will it cause any permorance losses or anything? If it will, I'll force myself to wait until I get the intake installed, otherwise, I'll be doing it asap.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Personally I would wait. Not that it would have any difference on your performance, actually I don't know if it would. I would wait just to have it all done at once as opposed to doing it in steps.

If I decide to go with the headers/exaust set up, I am going to do it all at once so I get to enjoy the bigger change. I know that is silly, but it is the way I am.

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
No just put it on. They have nothing to do with each other part wise. They both control air but you should notice some stuff with just the exhaust, but it will not hurt performace. The air intake is a snap to put in (maybe 15min) but the exhaust takes about an hour or two depending on how easy it is for you to get under the car and get the bolts off of the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Just make sure you reset the ECU after each mod.

G

·
I'm in Fett's boat...

I just installed everything at once this past weekend. I've had a few of the items for a couple weeks, but waited to do everything at once. MAN what a gain....

Now I'm saving up for headers..

Check out pics in my signiture....

Shon

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I installed one at a time because i didnt have the $$$ to do all at once...i noticed a slight gain after adding something new to the mix...but the biggest gain so far has been the headers. All three combined and you are looking at 20+HP gain to the wheels easy.....

Nikolas

G

·
To reset your ECU, unplug the negative battery terminal, and let it sit disconnected for about 15 minutes.

Connect it back up, and when you put the key in to start, the guages should come on, and the MPH/Tach will reset by opening all the way, then coming back down to zero... this tells you that it worked

That's it..

Shon

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had my flowmaster installed within the first week I bought my car...didn't get my KKM until 4 months later. I noticed a nice gain just from the exhaust...just put it in. You will be happy.

G

·
do the exaust now. you'll love the added power.i did my exaust first,and loved it. got the filter and loved it more. sounds great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.