New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting headers, either from MSDS or the one's on customcougars.com. What should i do after the headers? Use their y-pipe with an aftermarket cat? get a different y-pipe? What cat-back exhaust? 2.5in or 3in?

·
Registered
36 Posts
There are a couple different options to use. For starters I would recommend the MSDS before the Weapon R. I've heard the stories were there are peices of metal on the Weapon R's that you can bend by hand!!! Second you now have the choice of about 4 different cat-backs to choose from. (Ya'll knew this was comming lol) Brullen has just developed a new cat-back for the cougars Link to Brullen Cat-Back info . Other systems include bassani, borla, and trubendz.

Ram-Motorsports

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the pacesetter cat-back dual exhaust kit for the cougar? Is that crap? And what about the Weapon R dual exhaust kit? good?

S

·
0 Posts
Pacesetter is crap.
If you are not boosted or do not have a 3.0L conversion the 3'' pipe will net you a loss as far as I can remember... someone correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
if i were to do it over w/ a big budget, id get a shop to make me some true duals that both exit in front of the drivers rear wheel

for performance get the trubendz single, with an aftermarket cat after the Y. to tone it down a little you can get a magnaflow muffler for like $50 on ebay, otherwise its a straight pipe w/ a can at the end.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to get dual exhaust. The dual weapon R exhaust system from truebendz looks cool, but would you quys recommend any other DUAL exhaust kits?

N

·
0 Posts
i love my flowmaster/ trubendz setup.... couple of the local guys make fun cause its "flowmaster" but they dont say anything once they hear it

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude, they all split at the rear. None of the aftermarket kits are true dual exhaust!

·
Registered
585 Posts
weapon R is a bunch of crap, never buy any of it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Originally posted by: nandalora
I'm getting headers, either from MSDS or the one's on customcougars.com. What should i do after the headers? Use their y-pipe with an aftermarket cat? get a different y-pipe? What cat-back exhaust? 2.5in or 3in?
The general rule of thumb for the 2.5L is to use the 2.5-inch diameter for normally aspirated engines and 3-inch or larger diameter if the engine super or turbo charged.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts