New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing a used trubendz exaust and y pipe and someone told me that I need some kind of sticker or paper that says that the parts meet 50 state emissions and California. I dont know what of that is true. What is it I need, tell me about it, and how can I get it? Someone told me it is supposed to come with the exaust and/or y pipe so I have already emailed trubendz on this issue.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Emissions has nothing to do with a cat-back exhaust system- Your emissions control equipment are in the catalytic converters and oxygen sensors that are before where a Trubendz would connect to your car. The only things that the Trubendz does is a) make your car louder and b) increase power by providing a more free-flowing exhaust path.

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Unless your y-pipe connects to your stock cat, you may end up hitting some bumps passing smog...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have seen a guy get a ticket in california because he had modified the intake, and didnt have a CARB legal sticker, modified the exhaust and didnt have a 50 states legal sticker.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So do I need it or dont I. If it is easy to get the sticker or whatever that tropiccougar01 said I would get it, just how? Supposidly the maker is supposed to have the exaust or whatever tested and give the sticker or whatever with the part.

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
As long as you have the STOCK Cat in there you should be fine. If you try to smog with a Hi-Flo Cat you will fail! Anything after the cat is lega. You touch that cat and its over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.