Registered
1,086 Posts
yea it does look like a ferrari

i want one

at first i thoguth it was a rx-8 commerical

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
kinda reminds me of what woudl happen if a c5 corvette and a viper did the nasty and had a baby... mostly the headlights remind me of the viper i guess...

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
So they finally changed the headlights, they better not change the taillights in the future cus thats a trademark.

Well now the '05 front resembles more of a Viper and Ferrari (copycat?) even though the current headlights arent all that fancy but I belived it was also a trademark for the vette

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Yes, I have seen the commercial 4 times now and I think that Chevy's marketing manager should be fired ... the Vette should be last with that badass 180 to reverse up the ramp, not the SSR. The Vette will SMOKE the SSR all day long, yet the SSR get's the cool trick and fake explosive power shot. The SSR is only 300HP/335TQ and the damn thing weighs nearly 2 1/2 tons ... it's not the rocket ship pickup that was promised in the concept SSR. Overall though, great commercial. However, if I where in charge, the SSR would be first and the Vette would be last ;)

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Fact of the matter is that the SSR will sell quick and then fade fast like the T-Bird and will eventually die a quick death within 3-4 years ... mark my words. Compare what you get with the price tag and this is nothing more than another Prowler ... expensive to buy, gimmicky and moderately powered. Had they followed through on the power end of the spectrum and competed with the Lightning and SRT-10 pickups performance wise, it would definitely work. However, with only 300HP/335TQ on tap and weighing 4760 lbs, it will indeed fail the image it tries to capture ... sort of like the Cougar ... good looking, but short on power ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
It looks great, I love it. I think it looks way better than the C5. I like how they gave it more curves and used past vette styling cues in a more contemporary way.:thumbsup::hitit:

O

·
0 Posts
yeah the front is very modena like, also a few other italian sports cars. but ssr aside did anyone notice the overall kind of...euro look to the new chevy line up? vette looks like a ferrari, that one thing looks like a golf, the suv or is it a sport wagony thing looks like the stuff on ford europes site, the new malibu deffinitly looks all small and euro...my money says the over all euro concept bombs...i think chevy has more of an "all american" image than ford and people arnt going to accept it, for better or worse

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nah, the C6 is way better, it's like they put in a little ferrari and a little retro. The overall body length is shorter, and it weighs just under 3k if i remember correctly. I'm waiting for the Z06 version with 500+ HP :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts