New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been Looking around trying to Find a show that will be in Charlotte Feb-March, but i've been unsuccessful. I'm gonna ask that you guys keep on the Lookout for anything that looks promising.

After we find something i'll start a new thread, since the other one is NorCaroNeco OT (my fault ;))

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
NorCaroNeco OT? Did I miss something? Anyway... I've been looking for shows. I can't find anything in Charlotte though. I did find something this Saturday night at South of the Border. It's being put on by DropJawMag. I found out about it yesterday or Monday... but I didn't mention it because I didn't think anyone would be able to make it on such short notice.

I also found a DB Drag in Hamer, SC *near South of the Border* on March 7th (Sunday). Alex and I both plan on attending that.

The last thing that I found was through Adrian.. HIN is coming to Charlotte on June 16th, I believe. So I plan on going to that too. But that's all I could find so far..

If anyone wants to meet up Sat night at South of the Border, let me know. The show starts at like 7:30. I won't be able to stay all night though.. I have to be back home by 11 to see my friend's band play. But it should be fun anyway. If yall want to go to the DB drag, let me know and i'll get some more info on it and we can plan on meeting up there. As far as HIN, i'm sure a lot of people will want to go to that.. but we still have 5 months to plan it...

Yall let me know if you find anything else!

Julie

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Julie, I will be at that show with my friends civic. I will be the person in the corner sleeping since I am leaving after working all night at work... Anyways, if you show up give me a call 704 608-8299 and we can meet up. I will definately be there though.

Scott

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
What time do you think you'll be getting there? How long is the drive for yall? I don't want to wake you up if you're gonna be sleeping! How about you call me between 7:30 and 10:30! 843-229-1521

Julie

·
Registered
69 Posts
South of the Border is going to be winter cruise this Saturday night. The magazine hosts it all over the east coast. They were here in Fayetteville 2 weeks ago. It is a yearly thing around here in January. I love winter cruise. There are so many cars all over the place when you go out. I wont be able to get down there this saturday though, because of mother nature. I cant drive it for like 2 weeks.

N

·
0 Posts
Hey Julie , do you have any details about this show? Is it a USACi sanctioned event? What are the classes? Id like to hit 150dB again in a competition :)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Its a dB drag sanctioned event, and there will be a new termlab meter there, which means odds are, you won't be able to hit 150 :( the new meter is about 6 db down from the old meter and more accurate.

^^ That is the show march 7th in hamer sc. There is no meter at the show this saturday AFAIK.

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarBalla2k5
Its a dB drag sanctioned event, and there will be a new termlab meter there, which means odds are, you won't be able to hit 150 :(.
Then you know what? Everyone else will be reading 2-6db down from their average. :)

The Termlab USB doesnt bother me one bit :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Julie, we are leaving after I am done work, probably about 6-7 am to head to Fayetteville (I think) to meet up with the group and head to the show. As for what time we will actually get there, I am not sure. Don't worry about waking me, just give me a call sometime during the morning or day. See ya there.

Scott

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
Originally posted by: CougarBalla2k5
Its a dB drag sanctioned event, and there will be a new termlab meter there, which means odds are, you won't be able to hit 150 :(.
Then you know what? Everyone else will be reading 2-6db down from their average. :)

The Termlab USB doesnt bother me one bit :)

Yeh everyone will be down, as long as its the new meter, which I'm pretty sure it is. Peope are about 3 - 7 db down from the old meter on average. I was just letting you know so you didn't get there get a 144 and be like wtf is this? :p just lookin out man :).

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks For all the help guys.. Julie! i wish i had known earlier about that show, we went to the one here in Asheville, it was decent. Kenny and i already plan on Attending HIN along with Brandon (you guys remember him right? Julie i'm SUUURE you do :))

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Julie, sorry that I missed you at the South of the Border show, my phone wasn't getting much of a signal all night plus I couldn't even here it ring if I wanted to. We had a blast there, it was total craziness. They pretty much let everyone do what ever they wanted and the cops didn't do anything about it. Lowered trucks dragging (sparks everywhere), burnouts all over the place. It was great, plus the motor inn motel rocks, $50 and it had 2 beds, a pull out couch, even a mini fridge for beer (Bottle opener mounted on wall next to fridge). I can't wait for it again next year, I am going to be all over that.

Scott

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Scott did you see my car? I took it through the burn out lane thingy, had my underbody leds on and all that shizzle :) And my tires actually spun lol

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
We parked over by the Antiques shop.. and mostly stayed around the burnout *lane* :) It was great! I had SO much fun... except there were a few really rude people there... but other than that, it was fun!

Julie

1 - 20 of 22 Posts