New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read these threads, and I still don't have a clue as to what exactly is being planned for events for CF04.
Yes I realize we're in the early stages and nothing is set in stone yet, but is there a general outline, basic ideas, notes, SOMETHING that is being discussed by the committee?

I'm not asking for definites like dates or who the vendors will be or where exactly the events will take place. I just want to know what events are being considered and pursued to see if they'll actually BE the events we go with.

I think I may have seen mention of having a track at our disposal, and then there was that thread about trophies for car show, but I'm having trouble finding them again.

I just don't want to keep hearing "it's gonna be awesome, I swear" and then have to wait until the actual day to find out exactly what that awesomeness pertains to.
I don't want to drive that many miles for surprises, and I'd like to have at least a tentative list to help keep myself psyched about putting vacation time and money aside for this trip.

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Bring an RC Car and make sure it has a cougar body;) I'm down for some racing:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by: 01blkcat
Originally posted by: LostRacer
Bring an RC Car and make sure it has a cougar body;) I'm down for some racing:biggrin:
I'll bring mine -- we could have a mini-Coug race :biggrin: :thumbsup:
the best I can do is bring my 1:43 scale minichamps car and push it around with my butt sticking way up in the air.
:biggrin:
do you think I'd win scrambling around like that against an RC car?

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Thanks for not beating me up, but i don't want to disclose planned events until all contracts are signed.

But... let me tease you with this...

-install that second set of neons
-slam those ground controls
-take out that spare tire to get rid of the extra weight
-put in that extra LED monitor and bring your best CD and DVD
-bring that extra Zaino

and

-Intricate Lines will make sure we have SHIRTS AT THE SHOW!

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
The waiting game sucks! Let's play hungry, hungry hippos.

I can't wait another week for the dates, I want to know now whether or not I can go!

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
I can tell you we are planning events that have been asked at all cougarfests but never delivered.....

right now, we are looking at 3 full days of stuff to do, and it will be structured differently in that you will pre-pay only for the events you want to attend, or pay at the fest for a slightly higher rate....

and yes we are getting some very good rates on everything, and in some cases using the cougarfest funds to eat some of the costs, so members acutally pay BELOW cost to attend an event....

the actual car show, is prolly going to be one of the "smaller" events in terms of planning - just to give some perspective....

Ignernt - hurry up and get them signed :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Guys (and gals), it sounds like you are doing a great job of organizing. It appears you are working together as a team and are getting $hit done! If there is going to be a 1/4 mile event there I think people are gonna flip! I think a typical forum members dream is to see in person what people have done performance wise. Showing it off on the 1/4 mile just rocks. I said I would never drive over 13 hours for an event ever again... I think I might have to change my mind if what you are planning is going to happen. I'm glad to see you are making up for last Cougarfest in a huge, organized way. Keep up the good work.

·
Super Moderator
22,256 Posts
would it be possible to have a racing videogame tourney, having brackets and using a different game every round with the winner getting the system and the runners up getting the games? Could do it thurs or fri night in the conference room if we can get some TV's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts