New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
well i recently install some European Headlights and just wanted to know how to get the turn signals to blink or do they even blink? haven't been able to figure it out. :confused:
i have the euro headlights too and the blinkers work fine. i'd check the connections and bulbs first

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have 3 wires one big one the clips on the bottom of the head lights then one over it for the orange lights and one more that i guess goes some where around the orange one thats blinks but i cant find where to plug it into the headlight.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
With these headlights they are just plug and play. so the blinker will be the same bulb/connection as the regular headlight. if u want ill take a pic tomorrow and label the bulbs and wires

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a pic will help thx. i check again everything is plunged in .the rear and side markers work just the front headlights still cant get them blinking and am afraid to get a ticket for it. can it be a fuse? or anything i should double check ?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
a pic will help thx. i check again everything is plunged in .the rear and side markers work just the front headlights still cant get them blinking and am afraid to get a ticket for it. can it be a fuse? or anything i should double check ?
The rear and sidemarkers dont have to do with the headlight blinkers, but atleast they work. And yes u should check a fuse but im not sure which fuse to check tho.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
after some more playing around with the turn signal lights a bit more could it be because the connector the holds the bulb has 2 pin's and not 3 pin's like the stock connector? or thats shoudent be a issue?.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i have the euro headlights too and the blinkers work fine. i'd check the connections and bulbs first
From the picture in your signature, those headlights look Aussie more than Euro, but I could be wrong.

well i recently install some European Headlights and just wanted to know how to get the turn signals to blink or do they even blink? haven't been able to figure it out. :confused:
As for your problem, you need to modify the original turn signal connector to fit into the slot for the Euro Headlights. The European Cougar headlight harness is different than the American version and requires that you used the stock turn signal, with some modification, to get it working.

I have to grab some photos of my headlights for another reason, so I'll try and remember to grab some of the connectors that I modified to make fit into the slot.

after some more playing around with the turn signal lights a bit more could it be because the connector the holds the bulb has 2 pin's and not 3 pin's like the stock connector? or thats shoudent be a issue?.
The 2 pin connector you are speaking of is used for a parking light that would be illuminated on the side of the stock American headlights. This is the light that sits behind the orange reflectors. The 3 pin connector is the actual turn signal light, that is also illuminated as a parking light on the 99/00 stock American headlights.

This link should help you with getting the replacement, but you don't have to follow it step by step as it explains how to get that little amber light above the low beam to light up as a parking light. http://www.newcougar.org/forums/how-tos/468-european-headlight-turn-signal-conversion.html

·
So its begun.....
16,840 Posts
hey jank. That thread has almost 400 posts. Any chace of you linkinh the the post in question?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry, that was the wrong thread. Clipboard didn't copy the link for some reason, but I've updated the link to the right thread.

I'll repost it here as well, http://www.newcougar.org/forums/how-tos/468-european-headlight-turn-signal-conversion.html.

I didn't use that method exactly and decided to use a dremel instead. It worked really well, but make sure you wear eye protection when doing it, as plastic will be flying around, and it will be pretty warm for the first 10 seconds or so after cutting or sanding.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
The Euro head lights don't have marker lights if that's what you mean. The light that went where the Orange reflector is on the US ones.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry, that was the wrong thread. Clipboard didn't copy the link for some reason, but I've updated the link to the right thread.

I'll repost it here as well, http://www.newcougar.org/forums/how-tos/468-european-headlight-turn-signal-conversion.html.

I didn't use that method exactly and decided to use a dremel instead. It worked really well, but make sure you wear eye protection when doing it, as plastic will be flying around, and it will be pretty warm for the first 10 seconds or so after cutting or sanding.
so i went to the link , but from the pic's all i see i can do i shave and cut off some of the tabs to make it fit. will that be all i have to do?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.