New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
OK, do you mean Euro tails as in the Cougar tails from Europe with the amber lenses, or do you mean those Johnny Ricer "chrome [email protected] tYtE Alteeeeeeeezzzzuh's, d0g!" Euro tails.

If you're looking for the ricer lights, you're gonna be disappointed. Somehow by the Grace of God, no one ever made them for the Cougar. If you want those, well I'm sorry, but :slap:

Alteezuh's on a Cougar = :puke:

EDIT: These are the Euro tails everyone here refers to. The taillights off the European Ford Cougar. These are off of CATerina's car.

·
is a pop sensation
13,675 Posts
I found mine on eBay for less than a single stock replacement. They came with harnesses so no wiring mods were needed. Just unplugged the old harness, plugged in the new one, and everything worked like a charm. It took about 5 min for the swap.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
i got mine from james click me
the tails are $250 and you can buy wiring harnesses for an extra $60 so you don't have to splice. that's what i did and the mod was a super easy install :)
had mine for over 3 years and in 2 cougs and love them :thumbsup:
they are super bright, even with the stock bulbs in them
hazard lights:

reverse (looks like you have flood lights)

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
damn sherrie..your ass looks big!
I mean the coug's...

:cover:

·
Registered
32 Posts
interesting... i didn't realize the Euro tail lights were brighter. I wonder if you could nightshade those and still be "legal"?

(I heard that night-shading the tail lights wasn't legal... can't find the link now)

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
There is no reaosn why these are not legal. They have a amber turn signal like most car, reverse and brake lights. THey also have reflective red and if anyone ever pulle du over for them you would have just meet the biggest dick in the world

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
FYI, if you order the tails and the harness from Bill Jenkins, you'll save at least $60 over Creative Compacts/Custom Cougars.

·
Registered
264 Posts
So, 1.)

What is the point? I mean, won't a different bulb give more light?

and...

b.) Is that "fart can" so heavy that you can't get the right-rear on the ground?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Some people like the looks... not a fan myself, but to each his own. Others find them to be cheaper than stock replacements. Others just want something different than stock.

Night shading and or covers is totaly illegal in some states. Doesnt matter how well your bulbs work, the law says something about lessening the stock reflective properties of your lights.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.