New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I tired holding down Select and Units and turned the key to one position before starting... I didn't see any error codes... All it did was beep once (not the door ajar chime).. how do I get to those error codes? Anything else I need to know about them?

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, it doesnt natually go to the DTC section, you have to use the select button and scroll over to the dtc portion, and it will flash "DTC" and then "none" or "9xxx"

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a question for anyone who is willing to help. My engine light is on and I don't know why. There are no obvious problems that I can tell and when I check my DTC, it says NONE. What should I do?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
if you have an autotap you can get more info... the DTC mode only gives you like 9 possible error code (which are the most popular ones)... an autotap would get you the rest... otherwise than that bring it to the dealer

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually puck, the service manager at my local LM dealership said that there are 144 error codes that will display on the DTC codes, for the whole car down to improper grounding which is 9464

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
on the 1999-2000 there are only like 8 ... they are posted in the faq section... all the ones you see in there are the only ones you can pull going into the units/reset mode...

here's the link to them... for some reason when browsing you can't see them but if you do a search on codes you'll see it. According to the ford service tech manual these are all of them

http://www.fastcougar.com/forums/arcmessageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=4705

of course like we already found out the difference between late model 99-early 00 vs late 00-01 are pretty significant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts