New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the possible causes again for this and could any of my mods bring this code up?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Now what?? Well, you bring it to the dealership and tell them about it.. They hook it up to their machinery and find nothing wrong.. you say damn you I know whats going to happen because I know many people that had the same problem.. They tell you they cant help you if it doesnt show up on their testing stuff.. You go away for a couple O weeks, you come back with a broken gas guage, they replace your fuelpump and you go on your way with a "I told you so" look on your face..

Hehe, Well thats what I went through anyway.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Well,

Funny thing happend to me yesturday while getting gas. When I pulled up to the pump, I turned my car off like normal and they proceeded to fill my tank, half way through I feel my key and notice that is halfway between acc. and start. So i put it to acc and dont think about it again. So I pay the dude and drive off. Alittle down the road, I realize that my gas light is still on. Found that weird but thought maybe it was that thing with the key while I was getting gas, maybe it didnt reset.. So at the next light I turn my car off and back on again and all is well.

Later this day I had to pick my g/f up, get back into my car and start driving, notice my tank is on E again.. WTF. So I shut the car of and do the Units+Reset Trick to see whats up. Turns out I once again got the good ol 9201 trouble code! So in 1+1/2 years of ownership, I will be receiving my 2nd fuel pump.

Im just glad so far Ive only had to replace small items that have went on the car.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've noticed a bit more about this.... it only happened twice now... my car would just die and the lights would come on... but only do this when i'm stopping or stopped... at first i though it was my driving and i idioticaly left it in 5th gear while stopping, but i didn't feel the jerk so i figured i was just dazed... however the second time it happened when i was in neutral... maybe i can get this done and talk to the service managers about getting a better fuel pump in there so that in the future i'll alrady be upgraded
... my dealership is really cool, i'm going in on Monday to finally get the 2 recalls done and i hear a third one now for the door handle... maybe i'll get them to just pull the code...

anyone know of a TSB # associated with this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.