New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Tactrix OBDII cable and Enginuity to work with my WRX. So i was thinking if it works with Cougars? I know that Ford cars have OBDII interface, but have anyone tried to get Enginuity to work with it?

·
Registered
796 Posts
OBDII is a standard, so if it can read one car it should be able to read any. Hence cheap scanners saying they work with any car 95issh or newer

·
Registered
796 Posts
:banghead: Riiiight, it's a tuner ... wow. I was thinking of scanners go me.
There website says "Extensible ECU definitions allow the support of ECUs from virtually any manufacturer" But they only list subaru's on the supported ECU's.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
just because its OBDII doesn't mean they are all the same. There are actually a few different "languages" that are used between car companies. There are at least three different ones

from OBD-2 Vehicle Explorer Scan Tool Browser
ISO - for most cars: European, Asian, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ford and General Motors
VPW - for General Motors, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Toyota and Isuzu
PWM - for Ford

now there is CAN, which is suppose to be standardized across the board, iirc

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
There [sic] website says "Extensible ECU definitions allow the support of ECUs from virtually any manufacturer" But they only list subaru's on the supported ECU's.
Right. In theory, the tool could be used with a Ford. But you would need to have the Ford EEC-IV ECU decoded first. Similarly, the SCT Xcalibrator - which works for Ford ECUs - could in theory be used with Subarus. But they would need to decode the Subaru ECU before they could get it to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts