New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a few questions about swaping my 2.5L V6 ATX with a 5.0L V8 Mustang engine...I have the engine in my garage..its in good condition...I even talked to a few people about it. They told me I would need to change my transmission along with changing my car from FWD to RWD...soo...anyone have any advice on this..or know any information on how i might do this? along with a estimate of a price? hehe..thanks
Mike

·
Registered
191 Posts
You will need lots of money. There is a company that does the conversion for the focus. I would look that up and contact them (sorry, the website escapes me). I heard you will need about 7K or so for the swap.

Jake

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
The engine won't fit under the hood...

It'll take a change of everything...You need a new drivetrain entirely, you'll need to modify the frame/subframe to hold the engine wherever it is to be mounted.

The focus engine bay is larger than the coug. There is a focus with a V8 under the hood, and one with a V8 in the trunk.

For less money, just build up a 2.5 or a 3.0 and go from there...

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
What do you mean under the hood.... like this?

It can and has been done. To say its anywhere close to being as easy as a 3.0 engine would be insanity. If you happend to have a wrecked mustang just rusting away in your backyard then i say go for it. Otherwise...hehe. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts