New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Code : P1151 Lack of upstream Oxygen sensor switch, sensor indicates lean Bank #2

First off which Bank is where? Second, could this be from my gutted precats w/ homemade MIL eliminators? Or just a faulty O2 sensor?

Code: P0320 Ignition Engine speed (profile ignition pickup) input circut malfunction

What...anyone who can translate for me? Dealership said an irratic ignition signal.
I have been feeling hesitations during hard acceleration especially past 3500 rpms I have the non return fuel system, So I don't think it's the fuel pump. Could it be my crank sensor? I replaced my Cam sensor(there was a code for that too), but nothing changed. Also I put hyper ground wires on my car, and one mounting location is on the mounting location for the coil pack, could that have funked up the signal for the coil pack. Or is the coil pack dying? I have bosch plugs and I've hear they suck, could it just be plugs? or my wires?

·
Administrator
15,603 Posts
Bank two is the front, so if you're going to check either of your MIL eliminators out, start with that one.

You said you have a NON return style....so that means you have returnless? Produced after 5/99? That is the bad fuel pump, so if the problem is only happening under quarter or half a tank, I'd say that could be the problem.

Is your IMRC working correctly? Are the secondaries opening and closing like they should? That could cause a hesitation over 3500 most certainly. Plugs, wires, coil pack could probably all cause it as well.

I'd check out the IMRC first if don't think it is the fuel pump, then I'd change the plugs to what is recommend in the 2.5 performance stickied post.

I'm curious to see what your problem is. I have a surging feeling over 3500 rpms AFTER I replaced the fuel pump. I've changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, gutted the precats, and put in a new IACV sensor (unrelated problem). My IMRC works perfect, and I still can't figure the problem out. I'm changing plug wires next. I'm not getting any CELs for it, so its interesting that your problem sounds similiar and you're getting one.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Hold the phone, folks- We've got two problems here...

Code : P1151 Lack of upstream Oxygen sensor switch, sensor indicates lean Bank #2

This one means you have a lean Bank 2 (unlikely to get a single lean bank) or a failing upstream (BEFORE the pre-cat) O2 sensor on Bank 2. Clear the codes- See if it comes back. I wouldn't ever start swapping parts on just one CEL.

It is not a result of your gutted precats- Remember, the code specifies that it's the upstream sensor.

Code: P0320 Ignition Engine speed (profile ignition pickup) input circut malfunction

Failing IACV- Not IMRC. Again, clear it- See if it comes back. I never go for my wallet on the first code. I wait and see which ones return- They're the real problems...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is it true to clear them i just take it off the battery for like 10 minutes?
I guess I said the return style wrong, my car was produced in 11-98 so I guess i meant return style

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ended up being the Cam sensor and a bum upper o2 sensor, still hicupping from time to time in heavy acceleration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.