New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe it's 9318... it's the stupid low voltage on start up check engine light. I ran the little diagnostic thing holding the reset and unit buttons on startup and that's what came up. My questions are...

1) Does anyone else have this problem? If so, I would appreciate any insight.

2) I have read that this isn't that big of a problem. I mean, my car has no problems starting up, it just seems to be a stupid obnoxious check engine light. So, if anyone knows otherwise, let me know, because I would love to solve this problem in order to get that light to go away without just unhooking the bulb, so that I can be warned of REAL problems.

Also, it does this even if I have the heat/AC off, the stereo off, the headlights off, and everything else off. So, it's not just a problem with that. I just don't know if it's a typical problem or if it's a sign that my battery or alt. are going, so just making sure.

Thanks everyone,

-Pat- -ReToM7-

·
Registered
587 Posts
Are you just getting the code in diagnostics mode or are you also getting a CEL? I have had the low voltage dtc for a long time, it comes and goes, but I never threw a CEL for it. If you are getting the CEL, I think it may be something else.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get the dtc all the time, and check engine comes on and off from time to time, thought it was temp based, but yesterday it came on in warmer sunny weather. Stupid CELs :::shakes head:::

-Pat- -ReToM7-

F

·
0 Posts
If your JUST getting it through diagnotstics thats one thing, but if its throwing CEL codes maybe it shouldn't be ignored...

·
Administrator
24,503 Posts
Whatever's throwing the CEL will most likely NOT be recorded in the diagnostic mode DTC readings.

My guess is a slow-reading O2 sensor, which does not register on the diagnostic mode.

I have a code 9318 all the time. Constantly. Have ever since the first time I checked the DTC's, almost 2 years ago. I never got a CEL from it. Besides, CEL's are related to emissions for the most part. Even when I toasted 2 alternators, I never got a CEL.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help, I will get it checked when I go to pick up my drivers side mirror bracket, thanks Nissan Sentra!

-Pat- -ReToM7-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts