New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
RIP CougaH
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the midst of fabbing up some stuff, and since I am in the middle of also doing the atx-mtx swap as well... I have no idea how much room I'm going to have between my tranny and the front of the car... so I was hoping that someone would be so kind as to post a picture from about the same angle as the one below, showing the manual transmission all the way to the AC accumulator at the front. I just need to get a rough idea of how much space I'm working with in there... any help is much appreciated so the more pictures the better :)

PS I posted this in the 3.0L forum because I figured this is the forum where I'd find the people that were more likely to have relocated their batteries to the back, leaving them enough room to actually get a picture of this area without the battery tray being in the way ;)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Best pics I've found, not from the same angle, but from the top, showing the space you requested. Pretend the turbo up pipe isn't there:

There's a ton of room, relatively.

·
RIP CougaH
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dan, I can kind of get an idea of how much space I have there :)

If anybody else has any pictures showing the other angle, I would love to see them...

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
you could almost fit a soccer ball in that space.

·
RIP CougaH
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh so close... I just need the first one with the transmission in there...

I'm putting a remote oil filter mount next to the transmission there, and I wanted to make sure I don't mount it too close to the transmission... cause it would kind of suck to smack the oil filter off as it would defeat the purpose of having an Accusump ;)

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Anything starting from where the "B" is in your picture until the line on the right side near the accumulator is where you have room for mounting. Should have no problem mounting that there, just be careful how you angle the piping.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Also that white line that looks drawn on the tube on the left hand side of the picture is about the vertical limit of depth you have to mount if you put it that close to the bracket. Anything further to the right is open downwards for many inches. Under the battery has a lot of space.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.