New Cougar Forum banner

EmpireNECO.com... it's back!

1K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  slockin 
#1 ·
I got off my ass today and took care of the EmpireNECO.com domain. I transfered over to myself and renewed it for the next year - so it should be all taken care of for another year. The site is on a RoadRunner (cable modem) connection with a static IP for the time being. It will be professionally hosted soon at Voxel.net. Jason, I know you had offered to host it with your hosting service, but this is basically ideal for me - the machine is like a P4 3+ GHz, with 1 GB of DDR RAM (not sure what PC rated it is) and I *think* it's going to have a terrabyte of storage and I'll have root access on that box. :cool: (If you didn't get any of that, just think that Nick is :bowdown: and buy him many :beer:s and rest assured, eveything is taken care of :thumbsup: )

So... now that this is in the proper hands, we need a website. Does anyone have anything I can put up there? An old copy of the old stuff perhaps? Worse comes to worse, maybe I can find one of them sites that cache web sites and copy of back from there.

If you try to go to EmpireNECO.com and it doesn't work, it's because your computer thinks it's on the old IP and not the new IP. Pretty much the only thing that'll fix it is time. At any rate, your not missing much since there's no website yet.

So, this is step #1 in what will hopefully be a kick ass EmpireNECO.com! :biggrin: More to come after the holidays.....

-Nick

See less See more
#2 ·
YAYAY!!

yeah i dont even have anything from anyone anymore since radioshack erased my harddrive on me - sorry guys....

i know ive got a few pics here and there

and I know we've got a few memebers that are on Cougar DB and we can take info off of that as well

#3 ·
:banana: Nick "the Quick" to the rescue!! :banana:

Well Done, my friend!

If you need any pictures or anything let me know and I will scour my resources. :biggrin:

You da' man! :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Thanks everybody!

OK - step one, domain taken care of...check! :)
Step 2, getting some content up there...

At any rate, we need somebody to be in charge of developing the website. Now, I can do web work - but I suck at the pretty stuff. IE, I'm not versed in photoshop. However, I can do alot of more programatic and backend stuff. IE, a database, Java serlvets or whatever - I can take care of it.

So, I'd like someone to be in charge of the website. The individual will work with me to get it on the website and for any technical **** they need from me. Bascially, if they can't take care of it, I'll figure out how to take care of it.

If I recall correctly, Tony was working on the logos and website... Are you still interested in doing this? Is any one else interested in the job?
We could also break the content down into 2 jobs if people would like to make a small commitment, but short on time. We could have someone be responsible for producing the images for the website and another working on the layout of the website.

-Nick

#8 ·
OK - that web site was much better than my 2 second job, so that's now up there. Just wish the HTML site copier I downloaded parsed JavaScript ...

Was it you Jason that was working on the site then? BAH, I'm so confused. I'm too decaffeinated and sober to think straight right now..... :(

-Nick

#9 ·
FYI, looks like Jason is taking the bull by the horns and starting to update the website. Looks like the west guys are taken care of on the web site. East people - represent!

If anyone else wish to donate their time/efforts to the web site, please talk to myself or Jason.

-Nick

#17 ·
i sent my info in on the empire Neco web page.....you can also find my info on the cougar DB.....i know i didnt go to any meets last year but now im off from work on sat. so ill make as many as i can this year

#20 ·
PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST

jason - dont be trying to steal our east members

cougarkat is on the east there babe ;)

#25 ·
Originally posted by: ignernt
Patience is more than a horrible Guns 'n Roses song. ;)
i kind of like that song....anyway WO HOOOOOO im official :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.