New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just making myself known since I know at least one of the Mass/Conn members is near ( about 45 minutes away ) that me, Tr0nic, and Cue are pretty close to the Connecticut border... I am actually pretty close to both Mass and Conn, I live in Poughkeepsie, NY. Takes me no time to get into either state. Just letting you know I will be cruising these boards along with Empire NECO just to see what's up.

Anyone near the borders who feels like meeting up sometime, just get ahold of me and I will let you in on details. Us three meet frequently, and are planning some bigger events... our last one went from an 11 car meet to a 3 car / 1 Chevy Blazer meet... that was a disaster, but not our faults!! LOL. You can find me on AIM or Yahoo.

Also, this might interest some of you, but I am trying to set up an Empire NECO meet at Lime Rock Raceway for the Memorial Day Weekend events... I'll be there all weekend for sure, but I am hoping I can get people to come for at least 1 day... the racing is awesome and there has been a sports compact show the last two years that I know about. So, drop me a PM and let me know if you are also interested, the entire weekend pass which includes infield parking and the pass to the pits ( where you can go at any point, even during the races to see them working on the cars ) I think is like $70ish? It's 3 days of racing and stuff and 1 day of car show... Fri-Mon.

Maybe we can make this a Mass/Conn/NY meet and get a nice group together.
"The Mohegan Sun presents the Lime Rock Park Grand Prix portion of the event will showcase the best sports car racing in North America. The Speed GT and Touring Car Championships, the Formula Ford 2000 Zetec Championship, the Mazdaspeed Miata Cup Presented by Hankook Tires and the Formula BMW USA series will keep the adrenaline pumping throughout three days of great racing on Friday, Saturday and Memorial Day." - http://www.limerock.com

There are also a few other events this year including the American Le Mans series showing up ( which is the same series of cars that you would see at the Rolex 24-hours ) and The Ferrari Racing Days which features the 360 Challenge Racing, tons of vintage-new ferraris being shown ( including the new Enzo and some 250 Testarossas, mmmm ), and vintage racing, which gives you a chance to see some of the most historic Ferrari's ever.

So, if anyone is interested, let me know so I can figure out which event is going to be the most desired in the group to get the biggest showing. I might be at all of them myself, lol. Here are the dates...

May 28-31 - Memorial Day Weekend - Mohegan Sun Grand Prix
July 2-5 - The American Le Mans Series
July 9-10 - The Ferrari Racing Days

Anyone who has not had a chance to see any type of road racing ( whether it's Nascar or a road course like at Lime Rock ), I would highly recommend going at least once. The sounds of roaring cars with nothing but straight pipes from the headers to the smells of burning rubber and high octane fuel are enough to thrill any fan of cars. Anyone who has been to Lime Rock, or other similar races, I know you'll agree with me on this one ;)

Later all,

-Pat- -ReToM7-

EMPIRE NECO

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS. single day passes ARE available, but if you are going to go the whole weekend, the weekend pass saves you $. Single day passes differ depending on the day, but the main race days are usually $20 - $40. Best part of it, you can bring in your own food and drink, and you sit wherever you want, I have a nice place I usually sit which gives you an okay view of the straight, but you are RIGHT on the first turn where all the cars usually end up bumping and passing each other, as well as a few wrecks. Maybe 30 feet away from the track?

PSS. looking on their website, it appears that there is no car show that weekend, but last year they added it to the event late, so maybe the same will occur.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I know the spot you mean. Usually I go to the other entrance and park inside the track and sit on the hill that overlooks big bend and the S's... but its a little far away from the track.

Im definatly down for at least one day!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that's the spot I first went to, the problem is that people like to set up these huge sun blocking tents, and by sun blocking tents I mean "houses", so you have trouble seeing things. I like the spot down there cause you actually feel like you're ON the track. But, the best part about Lime Rock is that you can go wherever you want. I wish there was a spot you could just stand at on the bridge to the infield, I love driving over it during a race and seeing the cars fly underneath you! ha... Last year kinda sucked, cause it rained that whole weekend, so the whole ground was just MUD, plus it was raining during the races, but I toughed it out and saw a great bunch of races.

Neil, just let me know which event would interest you the most. If you don't know, the Speed GT includes like the Audi S6s, BMW M3s, vettes, stangs, vipers, ect. The Speed TC includes like the RSX, Protege, Sentra, BMW 300-series, Audi S4s, ect. So, those are pretty much the cars that I think would interest the non-race fans since those would be cars you are likely to see on the streets just tuned up and raced out, plus the turbos in the audi's are the best sounding things I've ever heard. I'll just keep a tally and base it around which seems to be the most popular.

My vote is for the Memorial Day Weekend events, I'll be there all weekend anyway.

-Pat- -ReToM7-

EMPIRE NECO

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, french, there is still the American Le Mans and the Ferrari Racing Days. Congrats on the wedding!

-Pat- -ReToM7-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts