New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
That link is NSFW
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I had an interesting testing. I know that supposidly they only do the dyno test for earlier cars but aparently mine was suspicious (maybe it was the gutted interior)

So I'm sittting in the visitors loungs watching the cars get tested. So I notice they are putting mine on the dyno to test exaust (because I'm shady I guess). So the guy sets me up on the rear wheels. After watching a dozen other cars before mine, I know what the deal is and I have officially freaked out. So I'm dashing out of the visitor center like mad before they can test my car. I barely make it before the kid punches the gas. I keep trying to explain to him that the 99 is front wheel drive, and he keeps trying to reassure me that this is his job and alll cougars are rear wheel. Now since ten feet in front of the garage is a half frozen retention pond, I dont want my car water logged, I become desperate. They entirely dont listen to me and gun the engine. Naturually enought its front wheel and screeche towards the lake. The kid ****ing yanks my ebrake, before he releases the gas, causing a bad noise. SO the result is that .... due to their mistake.. its the end of testing my car. I was so close to them putting my car in a frozen lake.

be careful on your next visit. theses guys are idiots.

~Terry

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
A few years back a friend's mom had her van rear ended at an emissions station. She had passed and was getting back to the van when the AWD car behind her (I can't remember what it was) screeched off the dyno and into her van. Needless to say, there were a few pissed off people after that.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah, there are some real bright ones that work at the emissions places. A couple of my friends had bad experiences there, such as broken motor mounts from over revving, a blown brake line and my former mechanic told me a story of a Chrysler that was in for it's first emissions test, a really cherry ride w/ low miles, the idiots blew the motor. When I took my Coug in this time, I had a really cool guy who wasn't a schmo. We actually had an intelligent conversation and since my car's a '99 it was just the OBD test under the dash. I was pleasantly surprised. Good luck to anyone who goes on the dyno, I'd rather drive on suspended plates then let them put my car on there.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yea.. i love IL 2.. no tests:)

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
eh? IL Has testing... It's only an OBDII Scan test though of you're 1996+..

·
That link is NSFW
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya I only thought it was suppose to be an OBD test too. I have no idea why they were trying to dyno me.

~Terry

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
no ****.. is it just in chicago?

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I think there are certain cities in Illinois that do not need Emissions.. I guess yours is one..

·
That link is NSFW
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya I wouldnt have know about it if I didnt get this really nice letter in the mail that said if I didnt get tested in the next 2 weeks that my licencense would be suspended.

thanks jessie white

~Terry

·
Registered
450 Posts
i had a thunderbird and they had the rear tires smokin on the rollers. my mom and i though she was gonna blow. when i had my mustang GT i pulled the operator asside and told them that if they messed my car up there would be serious consequences. needless to say they drove it like a granny on the rollers.

·
That link is NSFW
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so the moral of my story is do not get out of your car during testing

Although I keep thinking I should have let them rocket my car into the lake. I could have collected the insurance and finally have gotten an MTX

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't think they let you stay inside the car during dyno testing (probably insurance regs), but during my OBD test the guy had me sit in the passenger seat so I could watch and chat w/ him.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Who all has gotten their emission test notice? I haven't gotten one for my cougar yet.

sorry to hear about it but glad all is well bro

1 - 16 of 16 Posts