New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after months with my CEL on because of the EGR Insufficient Air Flow,I finally replaced the DPFE Sensor which seems that everyone was talking about being the problem.I let the car sit with the battery unplugged for 45 min at least and plugged back in.Drove the car to work in the morning and eveything seemed normal.Going home from work the CEL came back on and went to AutoZone to test again.I got the same Code(EGR Insufficient Air FLow) What could be the problem for this since I already changed the DPFE sensor AKA EGR Valve Pressure sensor. Any help please?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
maybe your egr itself. thats what mine was.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also could someone please explain how the EGR Valve works? Does the little hose that connects at the top supposed to suck in air or blow in air and is the cars response supposed to change when u take that hose off because at idel I take that hose off and the car stays the same which makes me think its not working properly. Any help anyone please?

·
Registered
674 Posts
well it's supposed to suck.......check to see if you have a vacuum leak on one of those hoses, if you do that could be your problem. If not, then replace the egr valve....good luck those mothafuckas are on tight.

·
Registered
729 Posts
My CEL was on also and I changed the EGR valve itself and the light is back on. Something else to do with the EGR flow or something... I dunno but the light has been on AWHILE...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts