New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gauging interest

Alright, the only reason i'm selling is because i am in the process of buying Z3's off of stratto19 (Stratton) which are already painted my cars color, i'll offer these to empire first since i'd rather not shi p such a big package. I'll say 150 obo Cause i'm just trying to break even on the deal and i'd be willing to meet anyone for the sale. These are brand new, but do need very minor fiberglass work on one of the corners. Pm me if you are interested. Thanks

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
RE: Gauging interest

Well, if it comes down to cash - the Z3s and the Roush body kit will cost additional money to paint/install. The OEM carbon fiber hood needs to be optionally painted and should be clear coated. The test pipe is max $170 shipped, depending on which one you want.

However - if it's not depending on $$$ - what are you goals for your car?

-Nick

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
RE:Gauging interest

If they were the X1's I would say yeah. Haha, I was just thinking how funny it would be for people now to have the Z3 fenders and the angel eyes :) just break your grill into two pieces and slap a propeller on your hood and your driving a bimmer. Although, I think the new M3 slots would look great on just about any car, and I would love to actually integrate a set of bmw headlights into my car, but that's TOO much to worry about. I'll stick with my A-cups

-Pat- -ReToM7-

On a side note, this was posting #100... W000T!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well..i gotten mainly performance parts at this point...I've wanted the roush kit forever and now its for sale again. I kinda like the idea of the roush kit and keep the z3 fenders...but i cant make my mind up for sure...anyone know how hard it is to install a roush kit and Z3's?? Or even an idea of how much it might cost to get everything painted? I'd like to install it all myself...but have never done anything like this before

·
Premium Member
796 Posts

I forgot to add that Roush is no longer making parts for the cougar - which is a double edged sword. I'd pick it up while they still have 'em. However, if you manage to mess the kit up (heaven forbid!), you may have a hard time finding a replacement piece.

and remember, the thing with painting is it's hard to exactly match the paint color - so, if you keep the Z3s, get them installed then this spring, get the Roush kit installed this fall, then next year decide to get the OEM CF hood and paint that - your car will be 4 "different" colors. Hopefully, it will be noticeable, but..... who knows.

So, I'd say if your going to go cosmetic, save up and then go nuts with it!

-Nick

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts

they had hundreds of kits when I was last year. Allthough they stopped producing them, they still have a great supply.

as for what the Roush kit looks like with Z3 fenders....that's the combo I have....love it :thumbsup:

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts
RE: Gauging interest

Yo Dan, you my man and all, but lose the side moldings! :cover:

Always thought that was an awesome combo though, Rousch Kit and Z3 Fenders, looks really simple and clean. Makes awesome lines on the car too, kinda like the Visteon Kit with Z3 Fenders. Its got a classic look, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

and thats my car in the rearview hehehe

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I'm lovin the Z3's with the roush kit....any opinions on how hard this stuff is to install?? I'm pretty sure the kit wouldnt be too difficult, but the Z3's still need to be drilled for fitment and such

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts

Thickie.....the fenders took me a total of 13 hours.

Only reason it took so long was because

1) I didn't jack the car up..meaning I did not remove the wheels
2) I had to replace the front bumper aswell
3) I broke 8 screws in the process (and stripped 5) so had to go to the parts store.
4) I was doing all of the work ON MY OWN, 1 person jobs suck
5) My dad loaned out both of our drills so I had no power tools (drilled the holes using a pen sized chizzle)

if you need help thickie, lemmie know, I can give you a detailed how to.

But the end was worth it. :)

Curtis.....My car didn't come with side moldings....I added then 4 months after buying the car in 1998 as it looked crappy without them at the time. So they are considered a mod. I'm still debuting on keeping them as I kinda like em.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

Hamill, wouldn't it have occured to you that it might be better to wait a day or two and do it the easy way? LoL... but then again... I probably would have done the same thing ;)

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts

Originally posted by: hamill
Curtis.....My car didn't come with side moldings....I added then 4 months after buying the car in 1998 as it looked crappy without them at the time. So they are considered a mod. I'm still debuting on keeping them as I kinda like em.
Oh, that sounds cool. I was just giving you crap. I think it would look better without the moldings though, it would make it look 'smoother'. Just my opinion though, its not worh much.......if you add $.99 you might be able to get a bag of chips. :biggrin:

Oh and as far as the line goes cue, I can help you out with that if you want it removed.....what color is your car?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

Cue has silver frost. Baron, do you paint? The line is pretty bad. I too like the side molding, not just for the look, but the fact that it IS kinda handy since I find myself at Wal-Mart at like 3AM quite often... those shopping carts, I swear, some of them have remote controls... I think I've even seen one go UPhill once, haha. Nothing beats launching shopping carts at like 45 into a curb with the help of my trusty Jeep. Should be an olympic sport... I think I got a tripple axel with a 900 in there... just forgot that the other side of the curb it went over was a steep hill onto 9W... didn't realize that till I pulled out onto 9W after being chased by the K-Mart cart guy. "Wait! STOP! I'm going to call the cops! STOP!!!!" hahaha, right... ::screeeeeeeeeech::

Oh man, those were the days when "stupid highschooler" applied. I ALMOST miss them

-Pat- -ReToM7-

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts

Originally posted by: RedBaron1
Originally posted by: hamill
Oh, that sounds cool. I was just giving you crap. I think it would look better without the moldings though, it would make it look 'smoother'. Just my opinion though, its not worh much.......if you add $.99 you might be able to get a bag of chips. :biggrin:

Oh and as far as the line goes cue, I can help you out with that if you want it removed.....what color is your car?

that's cool mang :)

I took SO LONG lining that thing up. but hey....if you will be detailing the car this summer....go nuts lol

Oh yeah.....and the girls from India Neco love da little side thingys :) :rofl:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
better give this a bump so people see it

edited at the top

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Well, Z3 fenders aren't MY style, I want the X1s... if they were X1s I would take them off your hands with no problem. have you tried selling them in the For Sale section yet?

-Pat- -ReToM7-

1 - 20 of 22 Posts