New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! Need part number!

Ok, so after finally taking a look at my shifter problem, (just lost reverse completely) I was thinking for sure it was the shift tower, shift forks or something along that line.

So I pull the boot and what do I see? The entire box that the shifter pivots from is completely snapped off from the base. I really wish i had a picture right now but, my digital camera is out of batteries. This "box" is clipped and/or riveted in place to the unibody.

For a better description: the entire shifter is housed in this box. The cables come out the back down towards the bottom if my memory serves.

On the front in a red print are the numbers:

8A05-46-10XA

17 01 00 11H

Does anyone have any idea of the part number or where I can get it? i tried those numbers on FordPartsOnline with no luck.

Thanks!

[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
941 Posts
RE: HELP! Need part number!

I have a paper around here with all part numbers in that area...very handy indeed
Ill try to find it for ya

you have a mtx right?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE:HELP! Need part number!

That would rock, yes its an MTX. And I stand corrected, its not plastic. Its actually glasstic?, I think. Half plastic half fiberglass.

[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I can't wait to post pictures of this! It is absolutely unbelievable. The shifter tower unit (in the console) that holds the shifter is made of plastic in my car! Anyone else have this problem? My buddy thinkmoto hooked me up with a E0 (1998 mind you) same exact part but, his is made of solid steel! What the F|_|CK was ford thinking making one of plastic. I am going to get pictures asap!

[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here are some pictures of the replacment...

Coug

The ****tiest design ever of a shifting module. This original was made a extremely cheap plastic material. Snapped right off of the base.

!!NEW!! SVT Contour shifting assembly from my buddy Thinkmoto. (this one is solid steel) :beer:

CustomCougars Short throw shifter installed in the nice new nifty SVT Contour base. Feels like a dream now. The old setup was actually zip tied to the console in order for me to get around.

[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I side note, the SVT contour version of the shifter tower/module thing fits into existing holes, it does not use the same holes as the Cougar, there are another set of holes from the factory and it lined up perfectly.

[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: GnuLoCo
I side note, the SVT contour version of the shifter tower/module thing fits into existing holes, it does not use the same holes as the Cougar, there are another set of holes from the factory and it lined up perfectly.

[GnuLoCo]
I have the metal one :)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by: CougarGT
Originally posted by: GnuLoCo

[GnuLoCo]
I have the metal one :)
It seems a lot of people do, am I the only one with a plastic one?

[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
418 Posts
no...i have a plastic one that just broke

1 - 10 of 10 Posts