·
Registered
507 Posts
ecoeck? what io that?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Originally posted by: NARD
:confused:Why will it shorten the engine's life?
It causes the engine to run a lean fuel mixture. A lean condition is bad for your engine in the long run. Honestly, with all fuel and emmission standards being more and more difficult to meet, you'd think these $5 parts would come fitted to many engines standard if they really did work without any bad side effects.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Originally posted by: SHADOWGRAY
ecotek is some kind of european fuel filter that is supposed to give you better gas mileage and better performance
Nope, it's a vacuum actuated valve that splices into your brake booster vacuum line that leads from the intake manifold to the power brake booster. Basically, the vacuum present in the intake manifold pulls the valve open slightly, introducing air that is not metered (or filtered unless you buy their seperate filter) by the MAF sensor. Supposedly, this 'spike' of air introduces a 'swirl' into the intake charge which helps atomize fuel and thus makes it more efficient. For sh*ts and grins I tested one over a 1 month period and found no increase in gas mileage whatsoever. :shrug:

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Originally posted by: Fern
Originally posted by: NARD
:confused:Why will it shorten the engine's life?
It causes the engine to run a lean fuel mixture. A lean condition is bad for your engine in the long run. Honestly, with all fuel and emmission standards being more and more difficult to meet, you'd think these $5 parts would come fitted to many engines standard if they really did work without any bad side effects.
They're about 50-75 USD, not 5. :)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
isn't that something like the "Tornado" or "Turbonator" that you put into the intake pipe near the throttle body that's supposed to swirl the air like a tornado into the manifold? I've heard that those things can actually decrease the performance & mpg, but they're pretty expensive so they've got me wondering...

Mike

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
This does it differently. Instead of putting a piece of spinning metal in your intake path to help restrict airflow, this creates a vacuum leak under certain levels of manifold vacuum. ;) Still junk, IMO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks easy enuf...one more question....can i cut that hose at anytime. i get nervous when cutting hoses...i dont want some liquid or gases to spry in my face...oh and is it a problem getting the hose replace if i even needed warrenty work?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts