New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
it woundn't matter, the RS and GS use the same engine. and it was definetly a 4 cylinder in there.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
you'd have to mod that eclipse up big time.... i was nailing 14.7s with my stock rsx-s :)

M

·
0 Posts
absolutely...the GS/RS is a 147hp engine. only the GT/GTS variants got 200/210 hp respectivly. and even then a stock RSX-S is doing 200hp and weigh a hell of a lot less than an V6 eclipse.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Originally posted by: PuckPuck
you'd have to mod that eclipse up big time.... i was nailing 14.7s with my stock rsx-s :)
Yep that RSX pulled a 14.8.

I love the RSX Type-S so much. I would love to have one.

M

·
0 Posts
i remember reading that the year after they released the Type -S they were supposed to release the Type -R with 220hp. what ever happened to that? not economically feasible for honda to certify another engine?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
you gotta quit beleive everyting SCC says :)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Type R wouldn't fit with Acura's new bling bling techno geek image that is personified by the new TL.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
whatttttttttt??? I thought the new eclipse's are heavy as bawls. I have raced rs' and won and I have an atx or am I just crazy?

M

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: PuckPuck
you gotta quit beleive everyting SCC says :)

actually it was MT...so i put a little more stock in it....

whatttttttttt??? I thought the new eclipse's are heavy as bawls. I have raced rs' and won and I have an atx or am I just crazy?
thats what we are saying, nwe eclipses are "happy little girl" cruisers, they are heavy and while the engines are capable, propelling the heavier more tough construction around makes them ultimetly slower.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by: mercurycougar
your crazy lol ..........

also, my eclipse weighs less then my cougar did buy 100 pounds...... but those rsx's weigh in at like 2700ish pounds. thats why they are so fast.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
that video was taken at the track 2 min from my house:)

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
dang I hate how heavy my cat is :-(
Throw in two 200lb friends, see how slow as balls your car is than. I only weigh like, 140, so I'm good on that aspect.

RSX-S :thumbsup: Got me an x-mod rsx w/ the stage 2. Jeah!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Aren't those newer 4-cyl Eclipses 17-second cars? My friends's brother has one and my Cougar destroys it... good run for the RSX, but those cars are SO overrated.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Originally posted by: Frank
Aren't those newer 4-cyl Eclipses 17-second cars? My friends's brother has one and my Cougar destroys it... good run for the RSX, but those cars are SO overrated.
Hope not. Stock atx v6's run 17's.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dont because if you get into a accident that extra weight will save your life

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Originally posted by: Zalec
dont because if you get into a accident that extra weight will save your life
hehe not if youget hit from the side or behind...extra wieght isnt gonna help you then...:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts