New Cougar Forum banner

Ebay Subs

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  FastCat2002 
#1 ·
im lookin for some subs for christmas. im lookin on Ebay. What do yall know about Legacy subs and amps? they are cheaper than the JL, and MTX, and all those. most of the legacy's also come with like a 2 year warranty. so if you wouldnt go for this brand, what kind should i get? And what about audiobahn?

edit: and pyramid. like this amp right here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3057983010&category=18796

#2 ·
I wouldn't suggest Legacy or pyramid. You get what you pay for. Audiobahn on the other hand has some hard hitting subs for the money. It really depends on how much you wanna spend and what you are trying to achieve, i.e. sound quality or competing in the lanes, or just adding a little feeling to the music. There are several people on here that can help you accomplish what you want to do.

#3 ·
been there done that - ebay (when i was an audio newbie this is where i bought my stuff from)

i tried pyramid (an older model compared to what you found) it sucked, cus i got lots of engine noise

i got an audiobahn amp expensive compared to legacy and pyramid but very dependable and provides lots of power

I also bought Kenwood and Cerwin Vega subs from Ebay and both were good in the sound quality area and both were somewhat cheap 2 10in Kenwood i got for about $60 then I upgraded to 2 12in Cerwin Vega for $120

now i have some experience in car audio and stay away from ebay and go for some dependable and expensive name brands (Eclipse, Memphis Audio, Diamond Audio, JL, Audiobahn...)

#4 ·
As far as Audiobahn goes, I have 4 of the high excursion 10"s in my coug and hit a 152.3 with 2 no name amps (Soundstorm). I got the whole setup from Ebay.

There's nothing wrong with Ebay if you can get subs off there for cheaper than buying 'em in the store.

To be honest if you want loud bass you can use any sub you just need the right box. However if you want loud and quality you need to spend the extra money. You get what you pay for.

#5 ·
There is one thing thats wrong with buying stuff off eBay, If it's a new item, weather its an Amp or Sub, make sure to contact the seller to see if they offer the manufacturers warrantee! prices that are too good to be true usually indicate they're 'Grey market'. In the end that means if you blow your sub or your amp catches fire they won't repair it for nothing. Often times they won't repair it at all.

Do what I did, Go on eBay, find some reasonable prices, then go to Tweeter or your local joint and say "Welllllllllll... i saw this on eBay for cheaper and they'll likely work with you generously on the price :thumbsup:

hat way you can get the full warrantee, you know it comes with everything its supposed to, AND you get a price break.

#8 ·
www.thezeb.com says they will beat any price or its free. well i found some aduibahn subs on their site for 120 bucks a pop. 12", 500 watt RMS. Found the same sub on another site, same product number and all so i know its the same. $45 a pop. I sent them an email. Should be getting back a reply within the day. hehehe. i love it.

#10 ·
they wrote back. and them email said that the cheaper one, with shipping, was 61.95 they will sell the sub to me for 49.99 and free shippin. not a bad deal. i also found a diff kind of sub that zeb had for 600, but the other place has it for 200.

#11 ·
ya man if you do your homework and look around, thats the way to go. You can't beat the lowest price guarantee. check this one out too. Then see if those audiobahn subs are cheaper. If you are looking for other things just ask might know of a decent priced place. i.e. cap's or amp's

EDIT~ fixed link

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.