New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 99 cougar, and I know this might be a dumb question but I am wondering if their are any cosmetic mods that can be done by just unscrewing things and replacing them or by adding something (other than seat covers). I mainly find mods that require popping something out, dealing with the transmission or messing with electrical stuff. I am afraid that i will break the pieces or mess the transmission and void my warranty. No mod is to small to mention, thanks.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Grille can be removed, painted, replaced - two screws
Sidemarkers - pull old ones out, replace with new ones
Spoiler - if you have one, Visteon/Roush/WW will be direct replacements - unscrew and replace
Antenna - remove and replace by twisting off
Decals - up to you, but vinyl is simple to install
Remove ding ding guards - for a sleeker look
Remove headlight reflectors
Paint headlights
Taillight and Headlight covers
3rd brake light
Euro tails/heads/Aussie heads

That's just a quick list I could think of.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yes! and now your car will look like every single one on here! :rofl:

don't forget taking the emblems off the trunk and replacing with carbon fiber one from www.muskatracing.com

Mike

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
damn thats expensive for a emblem

$$35

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
you could leave the mecury emblem and just take off the cougar lettering and v6 (if you have a v6 emblem)

·
Registered
330 Posts
posted by fastcat2002

Paint your interior
he doesent even want to pop stuff out and you think he'll tear apart his dash and paint it LOL

ps.
LeVally i'm w/ you man i'm scared of this car i love it and am scared of f'n it up i highly suggest
changing the color of side markers (new ones)
new headlights (blue ones)
third breaklight cover
Rims
paint calipers
they are very easy and yes you may be like every one else as 99cougarsweetride said but you gotta start somewhere

also put something in your signature (i love to read everyones)

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: FastCat2002
I can make you a Cougar head decal to go over the Mercury emblem without haveing to remove it.
really?? how much? and what does it look like??

·
Registered
444 Posts
or u could just get an old cougar head from the junk and place that on like i did, i may be the only w/ that done (i mean other ppl have it done but the 3 holes are concelled and cant be seen unless 2 ft away from car)... not 100% sure on that though...

Get you Windows tinted two while your doin the mods, saves the interior and a nice sleek look.

-AL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you to everyone who responded your input is greatly appreciated. The short amount of time in which these responses were given is simply amazing. This board is awesome! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Get people to do the stuff you want done professionally so you don't have to lift a finger...you just pay them todo the work.

That's what I do :)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Originally posted by: Magoo
Get people to do the stuff you want done professionally so you don't have to lift a finger...you just pay them todo the work.

aww that takes all the fun away.

Mike

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
Originally posted by: Magoo

aww that takes all the fun away.

Mike
YEP!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: BigAlsCouga
or u could just get an old cougar head from the junk and place that on like i did, i may be the only w/ that done (i mean other ppl have it done but the 3 holes are concelled and cant be seen unless 2 ft away from car)... not 100% sure on that though...

Get you Windows tinted two while your doin the mods, saves the interior and a nice sleek look.

-AL
bennett9000 has done this. he used the cougar head from i think it was a 1984, or 86, or 88 cougar that actually lights up. the light isnt wired yet, but it still looks pretty sharp!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Originally posted by: JAMallott

-AL
bennett9000 has done this. he used the cougar head from i think it was a 1984, or 86, or 88 cougar that actually lights up. the light isnt wired yet, but it still looks pretty sharp!
damn it

:ugh:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: JAMallott

-AL
damn it

:ugh:
haha, well, heres a pic incase you wanted to see it:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Not cheap- but audio mods always help.
basically my entire car is done up the cheap way-
A home workshop, a pile of tools, and some boring nights till 2 am.
Then I wake up and see it in the sunlight and say damn, why did I do that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts