New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok This Has to be the Easiest way to do this. No Lines, pressure fittings, or leaks! The 2 Pictures explain themselves so open them up and expand them the whole way...

Ohh Yeah and this is an Autometer Phantom Gauge...U must use the extra fitting that comes with the sending unit to screw it in the block...And Use Teflon Putty, NOT tape. You can buy this at any parts store (I got mine at NAPA) Just tell them what you need it for and they will give you the right stuff.. And when you bend that metal PVC pipe out, bend it a little then try the unit for fit, bend and try. DONT GO APE [censored] ON IT!!

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I undersand what ur saying but this is much easier and im stil getting like 10lbs per every thousand rpm....besides it still has to be more accurate than that dummy light in your car....far less leaks and headaches mounting it this way and i thought the reason we buy electric gauges is so we don't have to run oil lines everywhere...might as well buy a mechanical gauge then....

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
its so the line doesnt go int he car and blow and send hot oil into ur eyes. racers have to remote mount the electric sender casue of vibrations. so should u and any duratec owner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.