New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are you hard shifting?
Check to see if maybe the cable is loose!
Check all your bulbs , you may have a burned out bulb!

·
Registered
557 Posts
SEARCH feature is our friend. Time to add some brake fluid. :banghead:

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
there is a brake fluid level sensor that is in the resivoir and if the level gets low it will come on... so you problbly just get the level sloshing around and it flashes.. and a little brake fluid and you shoudl be fine.. mine has done this before

·
Registered
597 Posts
Rick and Jorgen are right.........check your brake fluid level. Mine used to do that when I took hard corners. The lateral G's would push the brake fluid towards the side of the reservour.........the fluid level sensor would drop and the brake light would come on. Just add brake fluid.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Here is a question for ya, lol. I have the same problem but, am absolutely positive it was caused by pulling a stupid maneuver in a parking lot before a wedding ( the grooms men were all doing donuts) So I did my donut (quite proud I am) although beating on the car wasn't such a good idea. I had the car pinned (tapped out) in second gear, by this time I had laid about 6 nice circles, thought it would be cool to try and kick the back end out. So I pulled the ebrake and did so. Ever since then I have had this light come on under hard acceleration.

Now that its cold out I can actually physically feel the ebrake grabbing after taking the ebrake off from a parked position. Is this fixable/adjustable near the handle? I think I may have stretched it out or maybe the opposite.

Any Ideas?

[GnuLoCo]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did pull the ebrake a few times on a rainy night before it started so maybe this caused it i dont know.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
loose wire is my guess. had the same thing happen to me only the light would go on when i went around a corner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts