R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just wandering if we were going to have a dyno at cougarfest

·
Registered
976 Posts
The one we had last year was cool. It was like a party. Everyone was very excited to see what each others car would do. If they were to do one this year, they would definatly have to do one with a wide band oxygen sensor so we could do some tuning as well. It would be cool to set one up in the speedway parking lot.

Mine was $1000.00 to rent for the entire day. Using a wide band oxygen sensor would raise the cost a bit though. Someone should look into setting it up. If a chapter or chapters were to raise 1/2 of the dyno fees, the cost to the people would be $20 per person. With the cost that low, people would have the chance to do multiple runs and dyno tune thier cars... As an FYI, we had 21 cars dyno and the dyno was only used for about 4 out of the 8 hours in the day as people had to drive out of thier way to get there. If it was placed on site this year, you could have 40 runs easy.

·
Registered
587 Posts
in case you are wOndering on support for this... I would be in for $50 or less.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
yes, if the track doesn't have a permanent dyno installation you can rent out, then check around town to find a shop with a portable setup.

the dyno we used last year was portable even though it stayed in the shop. Generally all they require is an electrical hookup....

I'm sure you'de get at least 30 - 40 people doing runs and you could give out prizes (highest/lowest i4/v6)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I would love to dyno, my dad would dyno his as well.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
if its under $50, i would do it as well! just for the experiance and fun.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I am also all about a dyno at fest!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im up for it too :) just as long as the damn people know what they 're doing

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
yep, i'll dyno too. should be interesting ;)

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
Yeah, but if it's a standard dyno you won't be able to run your car on it.

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: sonza68
Yeah, but if it's a standard dyno you won't be able to run your car on it.
Care to explain?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
look at Rista's sig...should explain it all.

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
Yup, most dynos can only handle FWD or RWD. Cars like Randy's new sedan need special dynos.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts